Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a few posts wondering about the differences of these so thought I would post about my two, one Match and one Sport.

The Sport comes with an adhesive and screwed on rail, set up for iron sights and Steyr rings. Make note of the fact that some other dovetail rings will not actually fit though, such as Rusan's as the rail is not identical to the normal 69 receiver. You are restricted in rings that will work with this rail, which makes mounting optics a little challenging.

The sport features a heavier PIII barrel, as well as a longer bolt handle, and UIT style rail in the stock.

When I bought this Sport it had an old school weaver rail. It was solid enough, but I wanted to use Picatinny style rings, so got the Steyr 4 set screw style mount to replace it. You will see Sports with numerous variations, especially if you watch the European market, where 7mm08, 243 rifles will show up, as well as various site options, and occasionally the brown synthetic stock that also was available for the Match.

Various catalog pages on the Sport and Match

Sport with a Krico 600

69 Sport and SSG 04A1 in 300WM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fantastic write up! Such gorgeous rifles when dressed in wood. Do you happen to know if the Sport wood stock would fit a SSG 69 PII? (Like I am EVER going to find a Sport wood stock, but what the heck.)
Thanks for getting my heart beat up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic write up! Such gorgeous rifles when dressed in wood. Do you happen to know if the Sport wood stock would fit a SSG 69 PII? (Like I am EVER going to find a Sport wood stock, but what the heck.)
Thanks for getting my heart beat up.
Yes, you see the wood stocks show up on places like egun in Germany occasionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts