Springfield Armory TRP "Operator"

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by mugdava, Jul 21, 2007.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

I've been looking for one of these for some time now. I finally found one on Guns International and it's a real winner. It is a fantastic pistol w/ the following: a dream trigger 8), awesome sights, incredible grips, bushing-less bull barrel, and that full rail. I've already put 150 rounds through the pipe and it's a tack driver. Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

That thing looks mean! :shock: Mind letting us know how much it set you back?

3. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

It's a serious 1911! :wink: I scored a bargain on this one, it was only $1249 NIB. I've been seeing 'em used for $1500 - $1600, some real beaters too. They stopped making 'em a couple of years ago as production guns, but You can get one from the SA custom shop for over $2000.
    _______
    mugdava

4. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

All it lacks is a threaded muzzle....

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Full rail Operators are siiick. They're hard to find, too, glad you got one. Nice heater.

I had to go with the Marine Operator, though, being a jarhead and all :lol:

[​IMG]

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice 1911. They are amongst the best looking pistols around.

7. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

:shock: That wouldn't fly here in California! Besides it's perfect just the way it is. :wink:

Thanks Thunderbear! BTW, sweet Operator You got there!

Thanks SELFDEFENSE! Form and function, it's beautiful and drives tacks! My Sig 1911 "TTT" seems like it's just run of the mill in comparison
    [​IMG]
    _______
    mugdava

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

[​IMG]

Just ran across this while wandering around online last night. It's a review of a lightweight version of the Springfield Operator which must still be in production as the review is from January 2007 Guns & Ammo magazine.

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/opersp_031207/

9. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Netfotoj!

The top pistol is the LW Operator! The bottom one is a pricey Custom Operator from The Springfield Armory Custom Shop. $2000+ for the basic issue! :shock: No magwell, no adjustable match grade night sights, and it looks like it doesn't have a bull barrel(note the barrel bushing!).

I get G&A monthly. That was a great article and The LW Operator is a nice pistol, but it doesn't even come close to the TRP Operator w/ the full rail. The full rail TRP has the least recoil I've ever felt in a 1911! 8)
    _______
    mugdava