Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Not sure if this was discussed before, but I was wondering if there any parts are available for the Caracal's in US ? Was anybody able to find a local source of the roll pins ?
Just want to make sure that the product is really supported in US before I pulled the trigger
Thanks in advance.:salute:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
There is no shortage of places in the US from which one can purchase either slotted, or spring coil roll pins. I purchase a lot from Enco (www.use-enco.com), however Brownells will sell you single pieces, whereas for about $8 plus shipping Enco will sell you 100ea. spring coil roll pin 0.125" 5/8" long - about $20 by the time you get it in the door.

If the Caracal folks with calipers would measure the roll pin sizes, I suspect a group purchase would satisfy everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
The Caracal manual also details the dimensions of the pins and lists "universal" part numbers - you could probably get them at any hardware store using that page of the manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Gentlemen. The pin details are indeed listed in the manual. The pins are metric and the manual lists the no's of the applicable ISO standards (note: some are for heavy duty applications and call for heat treated steel type A2 or similar ).
I am not sure these will be readily available in the local hardware stores, so the search is still on.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The A2 steel is air hardened, and the roll pins from Enco, or Reid Supply will all be hardened. They are high carbon spring steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts