smaller

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by xjrat, Jan 3, 2007.

1. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

I have an m40-a1 that I LOVE but my wife shot it for the first time the other day and it is a little big for her. The grip is a little large and so the edge of the back strap near the hump digs into her hand and is very uncomfortable for her. If she gets her hand to where the hump should be on her hand then she can't reach the trigger. She had a long sleeve shirt on and pulled it down around her hand as a pad and that worked good, so we are going to get her shooting gloves (any suggestions for brand?) for the range but, I want her comfortable with a gun incase she needs to use it in a hurry and stressed situation. Is the s40-a1 coming out soon? if so, is the circumference of the grip a lot smaller then the m-a1's. Me big hands her small hands, why God why :cry:
    She did hold an XD sub compact and it fit her nice, compare that to the S please. We don't have the money right now to be a 2 pistol house :x

2. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

The circumference of the grips are the same between the M and the S.

The primary difference is the S has about half an inch shaved off the bottom.

That said, I still find the S to be MUCH more comfortable to shoot than the M (not that I find the M to be uncomfortable).

As for the hump, the A1 may be more comfortable than the standard M (dunno as I've only shot the first generation guns)

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

maybe consider a Walther p22 inexpensive should fit her small hand great. load it up with cci mini mags have her aim for soft tissue, eyes,nose,ears,etc. not a much of a bank breaker then again though California might of banned them though new special California version may have come out. big no deal about a threaded barrel or some such intolerant anti bed wetting bigoted evil black plastic thread barrel pistola.

4. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

If you want to go to Shooter's this week or weekend (Sat only), she (and you) can try my standard M40 and my Kel-Tec 9mm if you want...
    I'm also trying to get my buddy from work to go as well, he has a Sig, Colt, and a few other "toys" to play with as well that we can shoot!

Let me know...
    Paul
    :cheers:

5. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

Thank you for the offer paul, However both her and I work sat, we are going on sunday though #-o we will set up a time though when we can get there at the same time.

does the old m40 have a smaller grip circumference?

6. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

I don't know if it does or not, never having handled an -A1 before. I'll be back for next weekend though if you want to try for then!

I'll give you my number in a PM, call me when you get a chance, we'll set up a time!

Ciao!
    Paul

7. parrotman

parrotman Guest

She may want to try a PT111 or 140 PRO. They are good guns and smaller in size.

8. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

have her try on some revolvers, the original interchangeable grip guns.

Elsewise something from the P99 family w/ the small grips. S&W M&P also has changeable grips.

9. madecov

madecov Active Member

Beretta PX-4 also has interchangeable back straps.

Most of the NEWEST Polymer guns are starting to be designed that way.

10. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

let her try Taurus 24/7 it has a very small grip...Walther P99 and Beretta Px4 are worth checking out as well.

11. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

THANK YOU ALL! as I posted in the pub my wife got a Walther P22 and loves the grip size, so as she gets comfortable with that and since she has been bit by the bug I am sure it won't be long until she gets a bigger one... :D

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *rat :)

Good choice for a gal. Now, fool her into lovin' pistol shootin'. I'll tell ya how. Take 'er out to a safe shootin' place and toss a can out not too far away. Put some eye protection on 'er and some ear protection. Teach 'er all the safety stuff then let her shoot at the can not too far away. Let 'er dance it farther and farther away. Let her decide how far is close or far away. She'll love the little P22. As fast as you can pull the trigger, it'll fire...a little pop, a little recoil, a lotta fun. G'luck. :p

Wulf

13. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

Uh wulf... any thing worth sayin once is better be worth sayin twice :?

Thanks I'll try it!

14. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

hey wulf might want to send your mouse in its doubling on ya

15. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member