Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having a problem with my 2002 S40. AfterI fire a live round, it seems not to go into full battery lock-up, the firing pin makes contact with the primer but not with enough force to fire the second round. If I tap the rear of the slide it then fires fine. Can anyone please tell me what can be the cause or point me to a thread?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
91 Posts
How new is this gun? My C9 had some trouble returning to battery for the first 50-100 rounds or so, and now it's fine. Are you also getting the super-heavy trigger pull when it's not all the way in battery?

I'd just shoot it some, then clean it and lube it and see what happens. It worked for me!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sounds like there is something in there giving you an odd hang up.

Will it do this with the magazine out of the gun but a round in the tube?

Being a striker fire pistol, my first suggestion in this case would be to pull the firing pin and clean the firing pin channel and the firing pin.

Another member on here suggested a coffee filter to clean the channel to keep q-tip extras from getting stuck in there.
If there is something in there hanging up the firing pin, it could hang up the slide a tad.

I don't remember reading about the M series pistols having the issue the new roller pistols are having that the other member was explaining that I have just made a recent video about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts