Slide date codes

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by madecov, Sep 10, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Who and where are they posted?
    I remember seeing them. They also need to be stickied and added to the Wikipedia site.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Are you talking about babj's post? We could change the title or split it off into a separate "focused" thread. What forum do you think it would belong in? I would guess M&S, but it's getting crowded "up there" with stickies. We could also incorporate it into the New Steyr FAQ sticky already there...

What say you, SteyrClub?

3. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Am I blind? I don't see any codes on my slide. I do see a bunch of stuff down inside my receiver. Nothing that looks like the 3-letter coded in that exploded parts diagram. What am I doing wrong?

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Just forward of the ejection port, in this case, letters "BOY".

[​IMG]

5. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

What about sticking it back at the home page root steyrclub.com with all the manuals and disassembly stuff?

PP

6. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

[Homer] D'Oh [/Homer] Thanks! Found it. November of '05.

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I want THAT ONE NetfotoJ!!!!

8. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Aww man mine says POM that Aug 05.....I got a stale gun (I am being a smart sss).....

Is there anything good or bad about the dates, are there known issues for x date and before or anything like that?

9. butch_d

butch_d New Member

Hi guys,

mine has EOH Jan, 06 with 100rds down the pipe and counting.

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

As far as I know, you don't have to worry about the date code and "upgraded" parts unless we're talking original M's - the very old models came with an 8 lb. trigger pull that Steyr has since replaced... I believe slight modifications have been done to extractor/plunger shape, but nothing earth-shattering, and I don't think anyone knows exactly when they started using the new one...

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Already uploaded it for the Wiki photo gallery. If you need a file name, just right-click it, but if you saved the code that the [email protected]#$%^&*()_+ Wiki admin nuked, you've already got it. Let me know. And keep up the good work, you're a fine fella, despite what everybody says about you! :lol:

And if you need any help uploading images, just say the word and I'll be "Johnny on the spot." :mrgreen:

12. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Thank you, NPJ....

..when I said "I want that one!", I meant, I want the M-A1 with manual safety..... :shock:

Thanks again

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

In addition to the manual safety, it also has a new logo placement. It's the new M9-A1 that one of our Uruguay Steyroids just purchased. Seems the new owner is already putting his mark on the pistols, literally. :mrgreen:

14. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Feb '02 M9. Gets better with age.

15. NicoX

NicoX New Member

my S9-A1 with manual safety , June 07 8) 8) 8) 8)