Slide back from Steyr

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by Shooter, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I was pleased to see my M40 (357sig IGB barrel) slide back from Steyr. Gosh I mailed this last week and its back already with a new firing pin, spring, firing pin spring rod.... :D I'm not sure if Jeff got to test fire it (I hope), but said that the "drop in" barrel should be OK with a little more filing of the rough spots.... Beware of IGB barrels baring false claims.............. :evil: So now to take it back to the range for a test ride...
    ..........by the way all you 357Sigers, SportsmansGuide has Triton 357Sig 135g (pictured as JHP) 100 for $24.50. That is a big saving on hollow points and even a good price for shootable practice rounds.......WWW.Sportsmansguide.com or
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=313421
    check it out before they are all gone. The 125er's are out already........ :wink:

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

go to any gunsmith forum and lookup the words drop in. they mean anything but.

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Some feedback from GlockTalk on this ammo:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... ght=triton

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

O MY GOSH......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMERICAN.... 8-O ............NO WAY WILL I ACCEPT THAT SHIPMENT.........YOU CAN BET I'LL BE SENDING THEM BACK IN A HEARTBEAT. Thanks for the heads-up SELF D.............It's not getting in my front door..............You know when they advertise Triton, you should get what is advertised. you can bet I'm going to give some poor customer service supervisor an earfull come monday........... :evil:

5. SELFDEFENSE

In the rest of the Glocktalk thread it says that the Triton name and remaining unassembled components were bought by Amerc when the real Triton sadly went belly-up. Too bad, I really liked shooting their 450 SMC out of my Colt 1991.

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Steyr back from my friend. He realized that the barrel wasn't locking up due to it rubbing against the extractor ( 8-O just what a Steyr needs :!: ).
    So a few filings and less than a thousandth off the barrel itself and BAM...
    The 357sig barrel fits perfectly and tighter then the factory. I'm expecting accuracy to be too scary now...........range report up this weekend. I am really stunned sometimes when I pick up this pistol and just look at it and feel it in my hands... It's so unlike anything out there and so well made...
    ..........I feel fortunate to have just stumbled over this pistol trying to get a cheap deal for my GF. And luckier that she couldn't handle the forty well.
    Then finding out about it's design.........WOW......I think we are all lucky :wink:

7. SELFDEFENSE

It is a slick piece. Hope it becomes more popular.