Slanted Scope Base for an HS-50

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by 50BMG, Jun 21, 2013.

1. 50BMG

50BMG New Member

Hello all,
    I'm a newbie to the club, and I did a forum search on this issue but I had no luck there...

Does anyone know where I can find a 30-60MOA slanted picatiny rail to put on top of my HS-50?

I understand that the newer HS-50's have a 20MOA slanted base on them. In fact, I may be the person who is responsible for getting Steyr to put the slanted rail on the HS-50 in the first place (it's a long story). But, my rifle is an earlier serial number, so it just has the useless, too-low, straight rail on it now.

I do have some Ivey adjustable rings that I could fix to a 60MOA angle, but I like the durability factor of the rail having the slant machined into it instead of the possible failure, which of course would happen at the WORST time, with the adjustable type of rings. In fairness to Mike, the Ivey rings ARE neat though, and they definitely work as advertised...

Thanks ahead of time,

Pat

:cheers:

2. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Hi 50BMG, welcome to the club! I have no answer to your question, but I like your location pun :thumbsup:

3. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

Steyr USA sells a 20 MOA Picatinny Rail. I also use a 30 MOA LaRue scope mount made specifically for the 50 Cal. That should get you up to 50. Many manufacturers sell angled Picatinny rails that you can have installed. Spuhr makes scope mounts at many different angles with many different options (levels). They even make some with custom angles under request. Contact Hakan Spuhr and ask him what he can make for you.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  4. SR SG)*

SR SG)* New Member

Pat and Sigma05, it sounds like you're ahead of me re. the question I posted below to "Bubit"

"Default Assistance with setting up SG08 .338 re moa available after bore sighting
    I'm new to your site today and would appreciate advice on the following -

when I bore sighted my SG08 .338 Lapua rifle with Smidt & Bender PM2 sight on Warne mounts, it took 44.25 moa to zero on the aiming mark.
    This leaves 19.75 moa to shoot with which doesn't really meet my expectations for shooting at ranges over 1500 metres.
    I've got the sight set (comfortably) midway on the picatinny rail and I've checked it's all secure

You may have been through this before and I may have made a cock up but I'd appreciate your patience and help if you can.

Thanks."

The picatinny rail on my SG08 has 20 MOA stamped on it but I'm surprised to find boresighting takes up 44.25 of the 60 available!
    I'd appreciate your advice - I'm in UK.

Thanks
    Arthur

5. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

Spuhr makes a S&B specific mount that is 44 MOA.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

6. SR SG)*

SR SG)* New Member

7. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

Anytime. In case you didn't know, Spuhr is in Europe so getting it will be much easier than the US with ITAR.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. SR SG)*

SR SG)* New Member

Thanks again. In email with Spuhr and they're getting back to me with what they recommend. Very hot here in Cornwall, hope it goes well where you are.

9. courtjester

courtjester New Member

Hi,
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply makes a 30MOA Picatinny Rail for the Steyr HS 50, it is made from 17-4 stainless steel.
    Cheers
    Courtjester

10. SR SG)*

SR SG)* New Member