Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Wolf will be dirty, I use it without problems in pistol cal. I think the one you are talking about uses brass cases. I'd use it, some here wouldn't.....Sportsman's Guiide can have good deals and 3 payment plan over $100.00.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know Silver Bear is Russian, but I thought it was a lot better than Wolf? Silver Bear uses zinc-plated steel cases which seem to work fine for Glocks and others. Just curious if Styer has any problems with it..

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
i was assuming this was an upgraded product of the same company.... but i really haven't used it...like I said I have no problem shooting Wolf pistol ammo at all in any of my guns...........

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Silver Bear/Barnual/Wolf are made in the same plant. I heard negative t hings about Silver Bear pistol ammo. I like the Silver Bear M1 "effect" ammo in 7.62x39. I cannot recall which forum I was reading about the Silver Bear pistol ammo, but I know that people weren't happy with it's peformance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Silverbear was once a nickname of mine, so I had to pick it up. I got 500 rounds headed my way, along with some low recoil buck and slugs.

Won't be able to test it for a while, though, the slide of my MA1 is headed to Vegas for night sights.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am not sure how to tell if ammo has a coating but since it looks a lot like wolf ammo I'm guessing it does. From what I understand the silverbear is a higher qualtiy that the brown but if Brown is that bad I wont pay more for the Silver when WWB and Blazer is available for about the same.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I went ahead and bought 1000 rounds of Silver Bear. I put about 100 rounds through both my M40 and Glock 22 today with no problems. Accuracy was fine, and it didn't seem any more dirty than WWB.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
It should work fine. I think its cleaner then UMC and possibly WWB.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts