Silver Bear Ammo in a M40

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by Auburn, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Auburn

Auburn New Member

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Wolf will be dirty, I use it without problems in pistol cal. I think the one you are talking about uses brass cases. I'd use it, some here wouldn't.....Sportsman's Guiide can have good deals and 3 payment plan over $100.00.......

3. Auburn

Auburn New Member

I know Silver Bear is Russian, but I thought it was a lot better than Wolf? Silver Bear uses zinc-plated steel cases which seem to work fine for Glocks and others. Just curious if Styer has any problems with it..

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

i was assuming this was an upgraded product of the same company.... but i really haven't used it...like I said I have no problem shooting Wolf pistol ammo at all in any of my guns...........

5. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Silver Bear/Barnual/Wolf are made in the same plant. I heard negative t hings about Silver Bear pistol ammo. I like the Silver Bear M1 "effect" ammo in 7.62x39. I cannot recall which forum I was reading about the Silver Bear pistol ammo, but I know that people weren't happy with it's peformance.

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Silverbear was once a nickname of mine, so I had to pick it up. I got 500 rounds headed my way, along with some low recoil buck and slugs.

Won't be able to test it for a while, though, the slide of my MA1 is headed to Vegas for night sights.

7. Matches

Matches Guest

I've used Brown Bear and my M9 hates it. It jams up in 1 mag or less.

8. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

did that brownbear have the lacquer coating?

9. Matches

Matches Guest

I am not sure how to tell if ammo has a coating but since it looks a lot like wolf ammo I'm guessing it does. From what I understand the silverbear is a higher qualtiy that the brown but if Brown is that bad I wont pay more for the Silver when WWB and Blazer is available for about the same.

10. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Well, I went ahead and bought 1000 rounds of Silver Bear. I put about 100 rounds through both my M40 and Glock 22 today with no problems. Accuracy was fine, and it didn't seem any more dirty than WWB.

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

It should work fine. I think its cleaner then UMC and possibly WWB.......