Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Canadian member with a 2008 M40A1. I should have known when it was on sale that there was a catch. Looks like the gun store had kept it in the back room for some time. I like everything about the gun, except the trigger. Having chosen a Steyr after reading several reviews that praised the trigger, I was disappointed to find it very gritty, with a weight of about 7 pounds on average.

The good news is that I have taken some of the measures prescribed by Big Taco and they've helped. I'm awaiting delivery of his bushings and Lee Spring to see whether they will give further relief. I haven't yet summoned up the courage to disassemble the whole trigger group, but working on the Firing Pin was no issue.

I find the trapezoidal sights really good and easy to become accustomed to - and the accuracy of the pistol, out of the box, has been great. Looking forward to learning lots more from the Club in the months ahead.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reading up on the information posted some years ago by Big Taco, I did some work on the Firing Pin Plunger this week. I also exploited the information to remove the whole trigger housing and check it. A little bit of range time demonstrated a noticeable improvement in the trigger. Something like 500 rounds through the barrel to date - and loving it more with every shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts