Sights for an M40-A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ChillyWilly, Sep 11, 2007.

1. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Hey fellas,

If I am shopping for sights will any sights work in my gun. Do I need to look for a particular model support (like say "fits glocks" or whatever). The reason I ask is because I am looking at some sights and really like what I see with the suresights http://www.suresight.com/index.html but they are listed as for "Glock", "Springfield XD" or "Sig"....no mention of Steyr (big surprise).

Thanks

Jerry

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Did ya see how dang big the front sight is?????

...gonna snag on everything......

:? :?

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

now now babj....

he wasn't threatening to put them on your gun.

i would say the reverse is true of makarov sights, but there are those that enjoy impossibly small sights as well. :wink:

i don't believe that those sights will fit the steyr. why not call them and ask? gives you a chance to test out the customer service before they lose your freshly scratched slide.

maybe they have a great dedicated dovetail cutting machine that will make any size dovetail you want for an extra $10. i would if i were a sight company.

but i'd also make tri-trap night sights. so what do i know?

edited to add that syntax has a small european sedan hanging off of his gun. it snags on his shoelaces and he walks like he has palsy when he carries his can to work. and it's AWESOME.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your just not tacticool unless you feel like your lifting weights when you draw down :p

I seem to recall one of our members check with the company previously and they did not make them for the Steyrs, but I would call to check anyway...

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Looks like a poor copy of our trap sights to me. Now I, too, could go for some "glow in the dark" traps. Why don't you crank us some out, Big Taco? Everybody knows you're da man! :mrgreen:

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Indeed the large white base of the front triangle, the slanted white lines of the rear trap, and the white dot I make when I paint the LCI, makes the best sighting system I have ever used for shooting without corrctive glasses. By far the most valuable practical selfdefense aspect of the Steyr for me; unmatched by any other gun I have shot.

7. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Ha...damn I did'nt notice how big they were til you pointed that out....damn....

What night options are there and of the materials available would it be possible to pick out the white of my stockers and fill the new hole with the matierial, I am always willing to tinker even if the job is a pain, I really like the triangular sights that is why I want to stick with them I just want something a bit easier to see day and night.

8. madecov

madecov Active Member

The suresight has no advantage over the Steyr factory trap sights, in fact I think they are a knock off.

if you want to tinker, I would get a second set of factory sights to mess with, or order a set from PT night sites without the tritium inserts .

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

This is something you may want to look into for night sights in the stock format.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?Category=256

Good luck..

10. NicoX

NicoX New Member

I mail them, 2 days ago, they tell me this...

"Thank you for your interest in SureSight. We are familiar with the Steyr series pistol, and this may be a pistol for which we make sights in the future. However, we do not plan on making these sights in the very near future.
    All the best,
    Chaim Stein
    President, SureSight LLC"