Sighting in the AUG

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by 1Turk, Feb 3, 2008.

1. 1Turk

1Turk New Member

Hi all

I have managed to get hold of a ELCAN M145 (its replica feels very solid... :) )

I spent few hours at 25yds range to zero the AUG today :D
    I have removed the optic after zeroing and installed it again with no loss of zero :) so far so good..

hopefully It will be OK under real range conditions up to 600yds.... :roll:

[​IMG]

I need to sort out the muzzle brake asap...AUG looks naked without it :lol:

be safe

1turk

2. Cool, let me know how the Elcan replica holds up to real fire.

The problem with replica scopes though is often the edges of the scope are less clear and they don't often fill their scopes with nitrogen and provide other treatements that keep it from fogging up. You may want to get some aftermarket fog treatment to protect it the best you can.

3. 1Turk

1Turk New Member

Re: Sighting in the AUG - range report

:cry:
    The mount is too flimsy :evil: ....the best group I managed with the replica is 3" at 25yds...not very good....I have now secured the mount better so there is no play in it......

As an emergency measure I also zero'ed my Kobra sight on the Steyr....at 25yds I grouped 1" :clap: :clap: not bad at all

I have to do another 'zero range' trip and try again to zero this replica Elcan...I just want to use this sight it looks so cool until I get an original..............

will update after the range trip....

be safe

1Turk

4. 1Turk

1Turk New Member

Re: Sighting in the AUG-Update

I have now mounted and sighted the SUSAT (Sight Unit Small Arms Trilux) sight on the AUG. So far I have tried it between 25yds-600yds with very good results. Its definately one of the best sights I have used and its very compatible with the rifle. I have had to design a new bracket and have it CNC machined from solid aliminium because the SUSAT is not mountable to the standard piccatiny rail.

be safe

Attached Files:

5. Elbows

Elbows New Member

Looks awesome...with the sight-over-bore distance....what do you have it ranged at?

Real SUSAT? Those aren't cheap. :)

6. 1Turk

1Turk New Member

Well the sighting is good upto 300yds...then I have the adjust the elevation. I have used it

at 600yds with the elevation setting at 500.

it is real SUSAT, very tough and excellent engineering (heavy though).

be safe