Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to change the sights on my L9-A1. I am using a NcSTAR Universal Pistol Front & Rear Sight Tool and the rear sight won't even budge.

I would prefer to make the change myself, I will go to a gunsmith only as the very last resort.

The current rear sight does not have a set screw. I used a set of digital calipers and the left side of the grove for the base of the sight is wider than the right side so I am trying to push right to left.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You must 1st remove the screw from the rear sight they push out to the left ( Is opposite of the ejection side ) they are glued in original .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must 1st remove the screw from the rear sight they push out to the left ( Is opposite of the ejection side ) they are glued in original .
It has so set screw to remove. I have tried pushing it out to the left and it won't budge. If it is glued in, I wonder if acetone would help dissolve any glue without affecting the finish on the slide?

·
Registered
833 Posts
You can use a bit of heat .
I use a Is plastic punch and tap it with a hammer normally the shock will break it free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts