Sight adjustment

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by tbg, Feb 16, 2008.

1. tbg

tbg Guest

Perhaps I just missed it in search, but could someone tell me how to adjust the sights on my M-A1 for lateral POA? I’m shooting several inches left and a bit high. What sight adjustments can I make to correct this and how do I make them?

2. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey tbg!

Before You go tinkerin' w/ Your pistol make sure the issue is actually the sights. Most folks new to the Steyr tend to shoot high and left. Unless someone moved the sights they should be dead on.
    _______
    mugdava

3. Soverign

Soverign Premium Member

I too noticed too that my my rounds hit a bit low and 2in to the left at 10yrs pistol targets.

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If you're right-handed and pull the trigger just slightly, you will move point of impact to the left and either up or down, depending on which way you pull it.

If you're a lefty, like moi, just the opposite. I occasionally find my shots going to the right in a cluster, but I know from experience it's just because I'm pulling the trigger slightly.

It's not as easy as it sounds to pull the trigger straight back. I get the best results by resting the center of the trigger on the center of the pad of my trigger finger, not in the crease between the end of the pad and first joint, as many DA revolver shooters do.

Best way to determine if the sights need adjustment (and neither of mine have yet, M9-A1 and M357-A1) is use a bench rest to get the pistol in a firm position and then squeeze off rounds very carefully and slowly, concentrating on pulling straight back. If you don't have a benchrest, make one with a sandbag or whatever you can improvise for a firm rest.

Only then consider changing your sights. I'd be willing to bet the benchrest will determine it's not the sights, it's your trigger pull. :mrgreen: