Sig Tip

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Buzz, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Today I picked up a used Sig Pro 2340 Blueline. This is one of Sig's polymer framed pieces. The gun is well used but will be a good all around shooter which I got for a song. While Sig has discontinued the use of plastic guide rods in all other models they continue to use them in their polymer framed models (2009, 2022, 2340). I'm told that with all other models Sig will send you a free replacement metal guide rod, but with the polmers they continue to use the plastic guide rods. Of course while cleaning the "new" 2340 today I noticed a cracked rod that ended up breaking.

While on hold with Sig Service (I never did get through to them and they did not return my message) I found this site which produces a stainless steel guide rod for $25: http://mysite.verizon.net/feez357/ The part is now ordered.

Knowing what I know about guide rod breakage I would put one of these in any Sig Pro right from the git go. I understand they are trying to keep weight down, but a broken rod is an Achilles heel to an other wise fine gun.

Buzz

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

For the record, Sig did call back today. They have the plastic guide rods but I told them about the stainless steel rods. They said that it sounded good and should do the trick.

Buzz