Sig 250

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Shooter, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Another Steyr copied steel inserted polymer pistol. Way to go Sig............but that double action trigger just isn't for me..........but this looks like the best Sig design yet, except for the "1911" model..... :wink:

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I'm lefty too and Sigs Suck for us. That slide lock is impossible to get to for us without major manipulations..........I do have a 229 in 357sig, but I'd trade to get this one........I agree with you........... :clap:

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

SIG has the list price on their web site.
    $699 MSRP :shock:
    Seems steep, but everyone who's shot it says it's nice.

5. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I am a lefty and have no problems with my P239. I guess you learn to adapt.

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

:hand: wait a minute.........ok, so how do you lock back that little lever WAY up on the left side....... :think: ??
    the hardest I've ever done. Sure if I carry the 229, I don't worry too much about locking the slide back, cause I'm gonna be pulling the trigger and not worrying about it, but training at the range and trying to clear malfunctions in a hurry, things like that........ :? I just don't see it.......

7. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

My P239 is a sa/da. I use my left index finger for the decocker and sling shot the slide from a locked position using my right hand . Clearing malfunctions? I have never had one with my P239. :wink:

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I can decock it OK, and when youre alone its easy to just rack the slide to clear a bullet, but that is just range stuff. When you have a class and that instructor says clear it and lock it back or IPSC/IDPA when they want to see it clear..... :naughty: that's a bugger (for me anyway).... its a good idea to practice clearing malfunctions even if you have to create them yourself with dummy rounds and stove pipes. Just more training...........ya never know when you have to pick up your buddy's S&W...... :lol:

10. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Those prices are still nuts.
    Hate to be an SOB, BUT.... :twisted:

There is nothing that gun does that other can't for $100-200 less.

SIG designed that pistol with the lowest MFG cost possible by making it with the fewest parts possible.
    It's mostly MIM, stamped sheet metal, molded plastic and also they make it here in the USA where labor costs are much lower than Europe.

Any other MFG that introduced a pistol with such a simple design (NOT an insult, it's hard to minimize parts) using the latest low-cost MFG techniques would have priced it between the FN FNP and the S&W M&P.
    Closer to the FNP to steal some M&P thunder.

There is no excuse for a $699 sticker price IMAO other than brand name, ego stroking pride and greed.

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

:notworthy: .......................

12. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Nothing that is except the ability to switch from a compact to sub-compact to a full size frame and change between 9mm, .40S&W, 357 Sig and .45 ACP. You would be buying a sub-frame with (in its current configuration) a compact receiver and 9mm barrel and slide, a sweet DAO trigger and Sig's reputation for reliability and quality. Its an impressive modular design.

That said, I don't like the feel of it nearly as much as the 226, which remains my favorite pistol in Sig's line-up.

13. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Sweet.....Net..........I got the same pistol from CDNN for about a hundred less, but it isn't in as good a shape as the Sig Pre-Owned program pistols........Texas patrol trade-in's.........happy new year.......... :clap:

14. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Last night I bought a 226 Tactical someone traded in, unfired and like NIB, for under $650 OTD. :D

Can't wait to take it to the range. ...And buy a can for it! Oh, and a can for my Sig 556!

I am looking forward to spring.

15. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

226 is a great piece.
    A friend bought a used one as his first pistol almost 20 years ago.
    Still has it.
    Except for the usual changing of tired springs now and then, it's been 100%.

16. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

SIG 223.......that's on my wish list......... :pray:

17. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I'm thinking one more pistol to buy from my ill-gotten gains by selling my domain name to that wealthier John Myers and I've pretty well narrowed it down to the P250 Compact 9mm.

[​IMG]

It seems to kill two birds with one pistol frame, to mangle a phrase. I can certainly use the compact 3.8"-barrel 9mm for concealed carry, plus when Sig releases their other grip frames and slides in other sizes and calibers, I can upsize to a longslide 357 Sig, which I also want. And if I decide the standard trigger is not to my liking, I can also try the short trigger.

I haven't read anything but gun magazine reviews on the pistol and haven't found a P250 user yet to share their experience, so I'm going off in the dark again, just like I did when I bought my M357-A1. Hope this plan works out as well as that one did. :mrgreen:

18. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

On the other hand, there are five fingers. I was just thinking about the above post and wondered, am I making a mistake by going for an unknown P250 in 9mm, operating on the assumption I will like it as well as another unknown, the 357 Sig grip-frame and longslide?

When on the other hand, I can go for a known quantity, the P226 in 357 Sig for only $520. Biggest difference between the two is DA/SA trigger vs. DAO with interchanging grips, triggers and slides. If I go with the P226, I'm thinking a bit of custom trigger work by Grayguns.

[​IMG]

I didn't start this thread so I can't put in a poll. What thinkest thou, fellow Steyroids?

P250 9mm now with future 357 Sig or go directly to P226 in 357 Sig here and now? :think: :?:

19. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

If you're going to have it sent out for custom work, i'd shop around for a lower price.
    Even if it's not 100%, it'll be fixed.

Also, the price on the 250 is already dropping, I'd wait longer on that one.