Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a shoulder holster for the M9-A1, don't have a preference as to horizontal or vertical carry. I'm a bigger guy so it does have to have longer straps.

Since the dimensions of the Steyr M-A1 seem pretty close to the S&W MP9 and the Glock 17 and maybe the Springfield XD does anyone know if one is a better substitute size wise than the others when ordering an off the shelf holster.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I bought a generic shoulder rig from CTD (ambidextrous one as I'm a lefty) and it fits my M9-A1 well. I'm not a big fan of the straps that go under the belt but they anchor the rig down nicely so that most any jacket/coat covers everything up nicely. It keeps the gun under one armpit and two mags under the other. I figured, for only $20 it was worth the experiment. If I was wearing it daily, I'd invest in something nicer that didn't necessitate the two belt straps but it's mighty hard to beat for $20...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a generic shoulder rig from CTD (ambidextrous one as I'm a lefty) and it fits my M9-A1 well. I'm not a big fan of the straps that go under the belt but they anchor the rig down nicely so that most any jacket/coat covers everything up nicely. It keeps the gun under one armpit and two mags under the other. I figured, for only $20 it was worth the experiment. If I was wearing it daily, I'd invest in something nicer that didn't necessitate the two belt straps but it's mighty hard to beat for $20...

I have, what sounds like, the same shoulder rig. It holds my C9-A1 like a dream. If you're looking to carry in a shoulder rig every day I would suggest sending a private message to xthexheadx on here. He is a close personal friend of mine, and also my gun dealer. He can set you up with whatever you want, from information to actual products. Good luck, and I hope you find something you like!

·
Registered
230 Posts
P's me off that they don't offer the Miami Classic for the Steyrs. :wall:

They make the harness, and they make the holsters for Steyr, but they won't put them together for us. :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Take a look at Roscoe holsters. I bought one at the Ft. Worth Gun Show a few years ago for my Steyr M9. He worked with me on the fit, adjustment and follow up. His quality and price is comparable to other makers. I use mine daily. It has held up well. The only criticism is the straps are a bit thin and dig into the arm areas. But that is a personal issue. I am sure he could add a different thickness or width strap if necesary or asked. Also, believe he advertises on the Steyr website here.

D54

1 - 6 of 6 Posts