Shots Fired

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Sound25, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

I am at work tonight, and I receive a phone call from the local Sheriffs office, informing me that they received a 911 call that shots were being fired at my home, at 9:20pm. After informing them that there was no one at home, and I gave no one permission to shoot on my property, they investigated and later on called me to say that nothing came of the reports, and that there was nothing else to inform me of. I am very glad that I bring my Steyr to work with me, as it gave me a lot of comfort knowing that I at least had a way of defending myself. I am not too sure how I will sleep tonight, but at least after a through search, inside and out, I know that there is no one close. Just thought I would let you guys know!

Sean

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Odd...

I don't suppose you have any idea who called in the report? Did you neighbors have anything to say about it?

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Sean :shock:

Do ya live inna small subdivision with row after row of houses or more remote? What I mean is, do ya gotta lot o' neighbors that'd be intimidated by your concept of self defense? :shock: Last thought is kinda weird, but are all your neighbors accounted for this mornin'? <shrug> Anyway, glad you're OK. Take care. :)

Wulf

4. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

I was told that it was my neighbor who called 911. I live in a more rural part of town, actually my house is zoned just out side of city limits, so I am allowed to shoot on my property. I only have two neighbors close to my house, and they are over a thousand feet either direction. Still don't really know what happened, but the Sheriffs office said that they were planning on patrolling it from time to time now that they know when I will not be home. I thought that the whole thing was kinda weird myself, but am happy that I am safe, and yes Wulf, checked on the neighbors this morning. They are fine. Have a safe day!

Sean

5. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

oh yeah, I have 14 acres of property too.