Shot L10 IPSC match with Steyr M40

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by ThaiBoxer, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I used my M40 to shoot Major in Limited 10 class at a local IPSC. I took 3rd of 13 in L10, and 16/60 overall.

Go Steyr!

2. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Congrats! Do you get any reaction from other shooters to your Steyr? They can't be very common in competition.

3. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Yes, if in a new crowd. This last IPSC match involved 2 35 yard Bill Drills and I shot it well. That drew some comment and questions, etc. about the Steyr. The regular crew I shoot IDPA with is used to it now. One guy says he's going to buy one. The price they are available for from CDNN, it's just too good to pass. If Steyr would pull their heads out of their warm, smelly parts and start marketing they could sell some pistols. I'm afraid that the SW M&P scooped them, though.

4. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Thai,

Man I am very proud for you. Great feeling looking at the Glock Folks Ain't It ? Many congrads to you. Hopefully one day we can shoot together at a match. Two Steyrs are always better than one.

Take Care and Congrads !

MTS

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Thanks MTS. I bought a M9-A1 to be competitive with the Production crew at the big local IPSC matches. While I've never shot one, BigTaco tells me shooting the Steyr in 9mm feels about like shooting a .22.

Ben

6. midtnshooter

It is a nice pistol. I had a chance to shoot MrBoma's when I was in CA alst month. I would like to feel the difference between the 9 and the.357.

Have a great one !

MTS

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Picked that M9A1 up today. I'm going to leave the traps on it for awhile and see how that works.

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Shot the M9-A1 in left hand and M357-A1 in right hand today, there is a big difference! But I was also shooting Canned Heat, Georgia Arms' hot loads, which are hotter than WWB. Yes the comparison was as BT said, like shooting a .22 in the left and a cannon in the right.

Scroll down to the range report at the bottom of this thread.

9. midtnshooter

If you shoot comp. GO FIBER. I mean that..... repeat FIBER. You have can quickly aquire the front sights, versus looking at the trap front white.

The sights are cool, but you will save so much needed seconds with new fiber sights. Don't do Night Sights, but Fiber sights.

Talk to you soon,
    MTS

10. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Who does fiber sights for Steyr?

Ben