Sherer mags for a Glock

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Buzz, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I am assembling a zombie killer based on a Glock 33. An integral part is a very high capacity mag. The gun will be convertible to .40 caliber with a Jarvis threaded barrel. The only high cap mag (27 rounds) made for .40 caliber is offered by Sherer. Does any one have any experience with the Sherer 27 round magazine?

Buzz

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Never mind, I found my own answer. Sherer mags are "dismal". I'll use my Glock 19 so that I can use my factory 33 rounder.

I plan to put together a weapon that will make a gun-grabber run from the room screaming :twisted:

Buzz

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Pictures in the offing when its completed?
    (BTW, good call on the mag. Factory only.)

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Buzz,

I've been looking for a used G33 mainly because it's one of the very few subcompacts in 357 Sig. I gather from your post you've got one.

How do you like it? If you have a M357-A1 or have shot one, how would you compare it to the G33 as far as shootability?

I hate to buy a gun without seeing or shooting one, but I may have to do that with the G33 just as I did the M357-A1 simply because they're scarce as hen's teeth out here in the boonies where I live.

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I have one of the Sherer 30 round 40cal mags. I haven't had any trouble with it, but I'd use Glock if they are available and cheap.......

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I have experience with Scherer mags for Glocks.....

And BOTH the mags I used cracked/chipped during normal use....

No all my mags are factory GLOCK only!!!

just FYI