September 11, 2001

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guest, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Besides a few brief mentions on the news the anniverssary of 9/11 passed with less mention than I have heard on the anniverssary of Elvis' death. Our news media would rather show us Cindy Shehan protesting the War on Terror than why our brave troops are on foreign soil to begin with. I was supprized to see reruns of Desperate Housewives and Home Make Over but nothing about 9/11.

Just thought I would vent. God Bless and Protect our Troops!

2. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

We have become a "microwave society," made up of people that expect results as quickly as their tv dinners and internet downloads. The on-demand society spoken of in IBM commericals is all to true and the price we pay is a society that also is quick to forget the troubles of yesterday. The only problem is that we our still at war because the terrorist do not live in a "microwave society," they live as they have since the 14th century filled with venom and blood lust. The terrorist see their crimes a continued fight that spans back to the Holly Crusades.

A sad state of affairs, may God grant us victory despite ourselves. Amen.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

We were out at sea on Sunday and I held a brief commemoration. In addition to the victims of 9/11, I encouraged my Sailors to remember the other victims of terrorism that went largely unrecognized until 4 years ago, people like the Marines in the Beirut barracks bombing in 1983, Robbie Stethem on TWA Flight 847 in 1985, Colonel Richard Higgins in Beirut in 1988, the victims in Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in 1996 and, of course, the COLE Sailors killed in Yemen in 2000. This war has been going on for a long time -- it just took 9/11 for the Nation to finally realize it. The bad guys have known it all along...but we're finally catching on.

Jim

4. Alabama

Alabama New Member

Huh?

Sorry, not trying to be an ass here, but I thought you couldn't open a newspaper, turn on the tube or put your ear next to the bathroom stall these days without some mention of 9/11, the war on terror, Zarqawi and/or terrorist threats. Granted, I read a lot of news, but still...
    What did you expect?