Score!!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Buzz, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Over lunch I stopped by my local shop t pick up a sweet little Sig 239 with the best trigger that I've run across. As I walked in the door and stooped down to look at the Sig in the case I saw a hand reach in a set a gun down. It was a used S9 with a price tag of $299 on it with a note that there was a box and three magazines. It had just been traded in by a store employee. Without even looking up I told the owner that he could take the gun back out and start the paperwork :lol: This gun had been tops on my list.

It's an older gun from Zander Sporting Goods days which according the Flyandscuba's history posted here was after Gun South stopped importing and before SAI. The gun has the GSI imprint on the frame panel removed and "GZS Baldwin, Il" stamped below. It has the updated trigger. The gun doesn't look to have been holstered as wear is dead minimal.

I've been looking around and there really aren't man S Series guns around, at least at the moment, and they seem to be going used in the mid $400 range. Add to that shipping and FFL...

Does anyone else notice that the S points naturally better for them than the AI? For me the AI tend to naturally point just a bit high while the S is dead on.

I guess I'll put the Sig on layaway tomorrow :twisted:

Buzz

2. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

BTW, the owner's manual is full of paste overs with Zander's info (and in some cases text) covering the old GSI. It's sort of a fun piece of Steyr history.

Buzz

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Congrats, Buzz, sounds like a good deal to me. Whar be the pics? :lol:

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I'll take some tomorrow.

It's funny, in over 20 years of shooting I have only seen Steyr pistols for sale in gun shops twice. Once was back in 1997 when I spied a Steyr GB military model at Kames Sporting goods in North Canton, Ohio. I grabbed up that gun not even knowing what it was and was my first non-.22 gun. That started my love of Steyr pistols. The other time was yesterday.

Buzz

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, Buzz 8-O

You're onna roll! 8) Hava good weekend. :)

Wulf

6. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I can't speak to the A1, but in my experience I found the S40 to be a better shooter than the M40.

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Zund* :)

Yeah, I'm just back from my 1st range trip with my new S9-A1 and I'm sold. I gotta M357-A1 for sale...2 15 +1 round mags. PM me. 8)

Wulf

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats on the catch