Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
if anyone does I sure would like to see it.

thanks
Not yet, but soon! Ordered mine in Feb, just received word that it came in on Thursday (7/26). Sent out my tax stamp forms on Friday. Probably take another 3-6 mos to get THAT approved. :rolleyes:

Got the 9mm adapter too so I'll be able to shoot with both. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Will have same set-up as Vert in a couple months...waiting on stamp return. Going with IGB barrel as well for M40-A1, as that appears to be the only option out there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Brought it out to the range (finally!) today, and OMG! Worth every penny!

The noise suppression on this is amazing! I ran sub-sonic 147-gr 9mm in it and could barely hear any report. The mechanics of the operating system was louder than the shot! I also ran as regular 124-gr, and that was substantially quieter as well.

Gets real hot pretty quickly, but after only a few minutes on the table, was easily handled again. It DID seem that the can came loose off the threads a couple of times, but never moved more than a few degrees off center. Need to figure out how to stop that though.

I think I will need a 9mm slide and spring also. Have been running just the barrel alone, and that works fine, but my buddy that shot it noticed that the slide wasn't returning to full battery, had to nudge the slide forward a couple of times. May have just been the way he was holding it, I had no problems like that.

Can't wait to get the .40S&W adapter for this and try it out that way too! Already have plenty of 180-gr ammo! :D

Overall, 2 thumbs, WAY up for this suppressor!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brought it out to the range (finally!) today, and OMG! Worth every penny!

The noise suppression on this is amazing! I ran sub-sonic 147-gr 9mm in it and could barely hear any report. The mechanics of the operating system was louder than the shot! I also ran as regular 124-gr, and that was substantially quieter as well.

Gets real hot pretty quickly, but after only a few minutes on the table, was easily handled again. It DID seem that the can came loose off the threads a couple of times, but never moved more than a few degrees off center. Need to figure out how to stop that though.

I think I will need a 9mm slide and spring also. Have been running just the barrel alone, and that works fine, but my buddy that shot it noticed that the slide wasn't returning to full battery, had to nudge the slide forward a couple of times. May have just been the way he was holding it, I had no problems like that.

Can't wait to get the .40S&W adapter for this and try it out that way too! Already have plenty of 180-gr ammo! :D

Overall, 2 thumbs, WAY up for this suppressor!
To fix your problem with it coming loose, run a thin crush washer.

Dustin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts