Saying goodbye to my M9

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm bailing on my M9. I found the combination of light weight, heavy trigger, and DAO action required more skill than I can muster. On the other hand, my experiences with a Colt M1911A1 and a Kimber 1911 were extremely positive. A heavy frame, light trigger and SA is the easiest way for me to get reasonably tight groups. I expect to see my Para PX1445SR on Tuesday.

2. Mortech

Mortech New Member

Good luck with the switch , sometimes some weapons and manual of arms aren't meant for some people . Glad to here that you found the 1911 seriesd more to your liking I might run into you some time on http://www.1911forum.com

3. DKHAN

DKHAN New Member

Don't quit,take it as a challenge. Use it for more range time.The more I shoot double action semi the better I am when I take out the 1911. Just think of it as another shooting discipline if need be. Good luck either way.

4. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

want to learn good trigger pull, get a Ruger Wheelie GP or SP series (older one w/ low usage, newer ones are lighter). Over 10# frequently and on the long side, but generally pretty smooth.

5. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

The 1911 style pistol is very, very different from the polymor DAO Steyr and if you've found that you like the 1911 than Cheers! I always say that pistols are like tools and you should use the right tool for the job. If you can train around the safety issues inherent in a 1911 style pistol than go for it. At the end of the day you've got to have a pistol that you can be happy with and can feel confident in.

If you want you should post that M9 for sale on our boards. I'm sure there is someone here who would give it a good home.

Safe Shooting

6. RiceCakes

RiceCakes New Member

good luck with your 1911. I have a friend with a custom Kimber .45, I've never seen a more accurate gun (or shooter). Stay safe with the SA!

7. breechplug

breechplug New Member

I'm looking for a 9mm, let me know when you decide for sure to get
    rid of it.

8. poppopkelly

poppopkelly New Member

Good Luck

Yes it is true about the sp101, but had mine now for 14 years and it is the most reliable backup piece I have ever had. It did however teach me good trigger control.

Good Luck on your 1911

TK