Saw an elegant tag line today!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 73sbVert, Mar 17, 2007.

1. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Now in my sig!

Excellent!

:cheers:

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Awesome! Except you have no signature.... :roll: :?:

3. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

The sig line is implied.
    Abraham Lincoln said " Better to sit quietly and be thought a fool that to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

Since 73sbVert's sig line says nothing, we can't think him a fool for posting it. :lol:

4. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Crap!! I forgot to turn it on!

My apologies, it is on now! (where's the "DOH!" smiley when you need it?!!!) :lol:

5. Well said then and it is well said now because it holds as true today as it did back then.

You know there was really ZERO debate on our Second Amendment, because it was just so understood that the right to bear arms was something they wished to preserve as individual rights that they believed formed a good public purpose.

People back in the day knew the score and they considered the weapons of their time just as deadly as we do those of today.

6. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

I think what many of the detractors seem to forget is that the Bill of Rights was NOT for the government to GIVE the people rights, it was to prevent the government from TAKING AWAY the rights that we already deserved.

That is something we need to remind our Congress now.

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Just saw this Bible quote while I was reading online today and stole it for my new tag line:

"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed." Exodus 22:2

If I catch a thief breaking in my house, I'll be in a quandry whether to strike him with a round or three or four with my 10mm, 357 Sig or .40 S&W. I suspect it'll be whichever I can get my hands on first. Or it will be a load of 12-gauge double-ought buck if I'm closest to my Ithaca 37 pump.

Here at steyrclub, I vote for Wulf's tag line as the best I've seen so far:

A word to the wise is infuriating.--Hunter S. Thompson
    He was a wise man who invented beer.--Plato

I knew the father of gonzo journalism had a way with words, but who knew Plato was a beer drinker?

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

You had me going there for a while