Santa brings holsters!

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Netfotoj, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Santa sure has good taste in holsters. He brought me four, a pair of Uncle Mike's for my Colt Huntsman and S&W 22-A1 .22LR pistols; a Bianchi Model 89 leather for my Llama .45 auto and Steyroid Jose Guerrero's JMG Holsters OWB-4 Series beautiful dark-brown leather for my M357-A1. Ain't they beautiful!

[​IMG]

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

YES they are!!!!

How do you like the JMG ????

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The JMG is bound to be a great holster, but I haven't worn it yet. Got it in Pittsburgh but didn't carry my Steyr along so just tonight I got it unpacked and put my M357-A1 in the holster first time. I carried six pistols to Pittsburgh and left my M357-A1 and G29 at home. Even so, toting that range bag to and fro durn near gave me a hernia. Ask BigTaco, he helped lug it. Then after the ambi safety flew off my Llama .45 and the CZ75 had to be sent back to the shop, my carry protection was reduced to my PF-9. Shoulda took 'em all with me. :mrgreen:

Jose does quality work and it fits like the proverbial glove. Hope to go to the range soon.

4. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Never seen a ambi or G.I. thumb safety fly off a 1911 :shock:

I'm sorry too because I just sold my last blued ambi..

Do you have any kind of warranty with it?

Oh and whats up with the CZ75???

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Took the Llama back to the gunsmith to try again. Bought the ambi safety from Brownell's, but I suspect it's not a faulty part, just faulty installation. If it turns out the standard Colt ambi safety I bought won't work with the Llama wide-body, I'll get a wide-body Para Ord ambi from Brownell's, which will surely work.

The CZ75 report is here.

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Now you don't see it.
    [​IMG]

Now you do: My new JMG holster with M357-A1.
    [​IMG]

P.S. That bulge in my pants directly below the JMG holster is not because my wife is taking the photos and I was glad to see her. That's my PF-9 in its pocket holster in my pocket. :mrgreen:

P.S. 2: See what I've been saying about my big hands? Just right for a fat-frame Llama .45. :mrgreen:

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

My apologies to Jose, I should have added a bit of review as well to the photos above.

After wearing the JMG holster around a bit, I love it. Fits nice and tight, yet very comfortable, in fact maybe a bit too comfortable? I was doing some shopping today at Wally World and was bending down to look at stuff on the bottom shelves and forgot I was carrying. I allowed my sweat shirt to ride up and didn't even realize the business end of my M357-A1 was showing until my hand just happened to touch the end poking out. Whoops!

Did the same thing while I was at the auto parts store getting a new battery installed. Leaning over looking under the hood, getting something out of the trunk, et c. and again forgot I was carrying. It's that comfortable. Maybe I should only wear it when I have a coat on so I won't have to worry about a sweat shirt riding up and exposing it. Nah! :mrgreen:

With my M357-A1 on the left and Fobus double-mag carrier on the right, I'm loaded for bear and nobody knows -- unless I forget and show 'em. Just gotta keep my head on straight.

What's not to like about the JMG holster? Light, comfortable, good-looking plus a great buy!