Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lice...-chief-us-american-terrorist/story?id=9740491

The US government has apparently confirmed it has the authority to target its citizens for extermination if they are deemed enemies of the state. Now that is some SCARY STUFF.

Just like the Patriot Act, it is being pushed for the protection from the Muslim Extremists, foreign or domestic.

When will you be viewed an enemy of the state?

·
Registered
184 Posts
How much longer until people reintroduce the true civilian militia? When will we see the next generation of minutemen?

·
Registered
56 Posts
not sure having public militia is the way to go with all the negative media a couple of militias have gotten lately. Despite the people being indicted for crimes against LEOs (i'm think most specifically about the "christian" militia in MI, but i think there was another one in the news recently too). Scary stuff though, considering any gun owner could be considered an "enemy" of the state from one perspective or another.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It is coming, pretty soon we will all be viewed as insurgents. After all, the definition of what defines a terrorist varies greatly depending on which side you're on. Since we've let the gubmint get WAY beyond it's original mandate due to the sheeple demanding entitlement and political correctness, we've got a REALLY DEEP hole to dig ourselves out of. I'd love to see what the reaction of the administration would be should the states start arming and training actual militias or a state like Texas actually seceding from the union (which it would probably never do since all the states now rely on so much in gubmint funds, etc). Martial law would take all of 10 minutes, and the Nat'l Guard would be at your door within a week. SAD state of affairs to say the least. Anyone know where to get a Level II / III A bulletproof vest, cheap?
:tinfoil:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Hasn't Dear Leader decided that we no longer fight terrorists but rather "radical extremists?" I'm guessing Tea Partiers, militiamen, and conservatives in general will soon all be "radical extremists."

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with you on that one Narsil, but there will probably more on the list than just them.

As far as body armor goes I was under the impression that it could not be bought as a civilian; is this not true?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
That's another great thing about Texas, own armor, own weapons, LEO are sympathetic to law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't been able to find anything specific in the RCW about body armor. I am probably looking in the wrong place (looked under fire arms, crimes and punishments and anything similar). But I did try to look it up on the internet; found out that it cannot be owned by previous criminals (felons burglars, bank robbers, etc.) Any tips on a more specific section to look under besides the ones previously mentioned?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
those would seem to be the apropriate subsections to look, you're washington state ? i can look in my book and see what i can find....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ok, so i've read every subsection in RCW chapter 9 section 41 "firearms and dangerous weapons" with no mention of body armor.....

the RCW for definitions of dangerous weapons (RCW 9.41.250 ) has no definition of body armor being regulated as a rstricted item, but i was able to find a house bill for the state ( HOUSE BILL 2362 ) where they are trying to press harder punishment for crimes commited with the use of body armor.....

my " Sate laws and published ordinances- firearms" 2008 edition has no mention of body armor for washington state. all in all i would think you would be freely allowed to posses armor so long as you dont commit a violent crime or any other felony while wearing it.....

hope these links helped specter.......:thumbsup:

also...for everyone else..... i found a spreadsheet with basic links to your states laws as it concerns certain topics, this isnt legal advice, and you should always research your own local laws, this is only for referance......

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/StateLaws.pdf

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Body armor is great, when you wear it. If they have a rifle you can hang it up unless you are wearing a huge bulky entry vest. Why have a vest at all when EVERYONE is practicing a double tap to the chest with one to the head?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
....practicing a double tap to the chest with one to the head?
***see face mask on first page of thread......**
it'll stop a .357mag at point blank. dont get me wrong, you're going lights out for a little while.... and by the time you wake up in the hospital your head is gonna hurt like a bitch with your busted up bruised ugly mug..... but better that than a hole in the head right ?:thumbsup: they even make one that stops @ the forehead so it's compatible w/ kevlar helmets...

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And remember guys, its not all about stopping the bullet from passing through, the crush amount is deadly even when it does stop the bullet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure how many people would walk around during the day wearing both a vest and a helmet or face mask. I understand the use when need arises for both (or all three), but I would hope that it doesn't ever happen.

Let's say it does happen and people start disappearing in strange ways wouldn't the people doing the assassinations use less conventional ways? you know... poison or blowing up you and your car, cutting the break lines, etc.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
or shoot you with a rycine(sp) pellet from a gun desguised as an umbrella like they did that british chap a few years back...... if they want you dead... it will happen.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts