Safariland Duty holster for MA1 series

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by madecov, Aug 28, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Actually, this is a Safariland 6280 for the M series handgun. It has been modified to work with an MA1.

In order to fit the A1 I had to remove the tension screw on the body of the holster. The screw and it's plastic sleeve won't allow the A1 to fit the holster. The light rail hits the screw sleeve and it just won't go in.

Next I used a heat gun on low setting to warm and soften the Kydex from the inside of the holster in order to not ruin the high gloss finish on the holster.

Then I pushed the gun as far into the holster as possible so as to stretch the Kydex a bit where the dimensions on the A1 and the M frames don't match.

The fit is pretty good, though the open hole in the body bothers me.

The tension screw will work with the A1 provided the sleeve is left out but the fit is just too tight for actual SHTF use. I have a plain Kydex version on order.

Sorry for the bad pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Good work, *cov :)

I'm sorry for my earlier post. I was petty and thoughtless. There's so little to work with for "duty holsters" for our brothers in need. You've been there from the beginnin' helpin' our members who need pro gear. Every bit helps, Bro. Thanx for providin' for this group of Steyr handgun owners. You rock, Dude. :)

Wulf

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Actually, It is fairly ugly in high Gloss.
    I'm hoping the standard Kydex looks a bit better.

4. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

I like my safariland... the only thing I'm not so crazy about is the hood, it just feels cheap to me. It works though :) I'm not crazy about that gloss shine, mine is in the semi-gloss and it definitely looks nice.

5. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

that gloss shine could be made matte with some glass beads in a media blaster

6. madecov

madecov Active Member

Department requires High Gloss on class A uniforms

On class B and C we can go with plain nylon and kydex. I have another one on order for the gun in the fine tac finish (plain Kydex). There was a time when I did have M40 and I carried it on duty, hence the M series holster.