Safariland - 6280-98 - Level 2 Holster - M40

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Two Mikes, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Two Mikes

Two Mikes Member

I've edited this post to clarify the Blade-Tech situation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Blade-Tech has revamped their holster lineup and web-site. According to the new website and a conversation with their Customer Service, They no longer make Level 2 Duty holsters for Steyr pistols and won't do a custom order.

Their Holster Finder doesn't show Steyrs at all. BUT, they do make a nice looking OWB for the L9, not M9. You can find that holster here: Classic OWB Holster

SAFARILAND HOLSTERS FOR STEYR DO NOT FIT! DO NOT FIT!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. Joemb

Joemb Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017

3. Two Mikes

Two Mikes Member

I need a Level 2 for a run and gun event in March. I tried to order that one and was told that they don't sell that any more.

I just looked at the web site and an OWB is available for a L9 but not an M9 anymore. https://blade-tech.com/products/classic-owb?variant=6067458801692. That holster looks really nice by the way.

Maybe I have unfortunate timing and need to wait for them to roll out their full inventory.

4. Garatshay

Garatshay Member

Two Mikes, before you decide, check out Vedder Holsters in Florida. They make an awesome OWB holster to match any gun you desire, including the M9. I have an M40 and they delivered a custom holster in less than seven working days. https://www.vedderholsters.com/owb/

5. BCM432

BCM432 New Member

I use that L9 holster for daily carry, and am happy with it for that. They're rather proud of it, though, with Blade-techs' economy of scale. That being said, perhaps I should just be happy to find one. As more holsters become available, maybe the prices come down a bit.

6. Bro D

Bro D New Member

Just a note for you, if you're still looking for a holster for the L Series. Level 2-3. Check Ghost lll, By RayMancini.com. I ordered a holster that accommodates an M40. However the bottom of the holster is open, allowing for my L40 A-1 to protrude 1/2". No problem. Check them out; just know, their sales are good, but their follow-up (tracking) is the pits.