Saddam's Golden Gun to Go On Display

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by Netfotoj, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here's an AK you won't see down at your local gun store.

[​IMG]
    Saddam Husseins golden gun given to museum: a gold-plated assault rifle, once carried by one of the late
    Saddam's palace guards, will go on display at the Australian War Memorial.

2. Thin_Blue_Line

Thin_Blue_Line Guest

Hmmm

That is an eyesore IMO but I am a purist... I wonder who got his sons gold plated Dragunov?

3. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Waste of an AK, but what would you expect from Sadaam.

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Now, that's Pimpalicious! :roll: One expensive AK! :shock:
    _______
    mugdava

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Wonder if it has homeboy sights on the side of the receiver (gold bling of course)?

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Test, test and retest is the motto of any webpage designer. Sorry, I shoulda tested that story link. It's fixed now.

Thanks for pointing that out, matt13. I saw an extra "h" while I was posting it, but didn't see where it belonged.

While I'm on the topic of AK's, I asked about .308's at my local gun store and they have a Saiga AK-clone in .308 coming in in a day or two for $330. I seem to recall one or more of you Steyroids with a Saiga or two. Are they good shooters? And is $330 a fair price? Sounds like a good buy to me, but I'm 6' 3" and got long arms. I'm wondering if a short, stubby AK stock will be comfortable to shoot, especially with a scope, which is how I want to use it.

And it sure ain't gold-plated!

All advice appreciated.

:mrgreen:

8. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Ok, I think that AK is bitchin'! I have a weakness for gold plated gagets, like the gold iPod, though I have the sense to never buy them. At least Saddam didn't add diamonds too.

Bling bling! Bang bang!