Sad Day in Amerika

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by babj615, Aug 22, 2007.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I am very patriotic about my country......

..however I am not happy or proud of the massive spiraling downfall the people of this country have been taking recently......

...for example....

:cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT: [In case the story gets pulled]

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Wow - that is just plain incredible. :evil: What a shame...

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

two words- home school

4. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

zero tolerance = zero intelligence
    educators who abandon critical thinking skills are the irresponsible ones in this story.

there have been hundreds if not thousands of similar incidents of mindless over reaction in public schools across America and it does not bode well if supposedly college educated people can so easily substitute mindless policy and irrational fear for careful discernment and a rational response. is it any wonder our youth become alienated and lose respect for teachers when their education "system" is this fkd up.

5. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/95563

Better version than the usatoday article, this is absolutely ridiculous.

No wonder the parents were offended by the Columbine reference, they had just moved from Colorado a year before. Have to watch out for those trigger happy Colorado kids! :roll:

Arizona should be suspending him for his drawing abilities more than anything else, not exactly the next Andy Warhol. On that note, Andy Warhol made firearm pop art too, maybe AZ should ban learning about Warhol. No tolerance is "no tolerance" after all!

This reminds me of that elementary school girl who was suspended in GA for a tweety bird wallet she had on a small tin chain. IIRC the school referred to it as a deadly weapon, ahh the crazy world we live in.

As an individual in the collegiate public education system this sort of behavior bothers me greatly. The ability to express oneself is one of the most basic human needs in a society, yet our society has become terrified to let young people do so. If we as a society cannot tell the difference between the VT shooter and Stephen King or the Columbine kids and Quentin Tarantino then we are doomed to continue this violent downward spiral we are seeing in our young adults today. (My apologies to both Mr. Tarantino and King for comparing their work with a 13 year old "lunatic")

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The problem is the wacko left made a deliberate move in the '60s and '70s to take over the cultural choke points, media and academe, and now use those positions to make normal that which was utterly ridiculous a generation ago.

7. Dobry

Dobry Guest

Chandler district spokesman Terry Locke said the crude sketch was "absolutely considered a threat," and that threatening words or pictures are punishable.

I'm wondering what's next on the agenda... these are the kinds of statements that are precursors to stuff like book-burning or destroying art, because such things as books and art might be considered as "threatening words and pictures" in a broad interpretation. I wonder why the ACLU isn't jumping into all of this?? :roll:

babj615... it's sadly appropo that your avatar is V... since this seems like one more government move toward a rights-removing controlling politic like Norsefire (from V for Vendetta for those who don't know). :(

8. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

:oops:

<<<<<--------My state's getting over run by Kommieforia Lib-tards. :evil:

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here's the drawing of the "gun" for which the idiots went ballistic.

[​IMG]

And here's a commentary about the whole ridiculous mess.

http://www.townhallmail.com/aljvloy_wqfpdre.html

10. Dobry

Dobry Guest

Thanks, Netfotoj. Good article.

I'm still in disbelief this situation occurred. And it does bother me that there are educators out there who would do the same and they're in charge of our children.

11. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Looks like an apartment house.
    We need to start suing these Stalinists and use their own weapons against them.