Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how a S9 grip compares to that of a GLock 26 or 27? I am thinking about replacing my edc 26.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya TXROSE* :)

Uhh...ifn ya putta S9-A1 in your hands, you'll forget about the G26...been there, done that. <shrug>

Now, ta find a S9-A1 ta put in your hands! <smirk>

Oh, and if ya like, getta couple S40 mags and a couple 9MM followers an'convert 'em ta 12 +1 S9 mags. :thumbsup:

Just a thought. <shrug>

Ciao.

Wulf <-- rememberin' how nice the G36 he shot was

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wulf, I think I will make the change. I have a pierce 2 round pinky extension on my glock. I dislike shooting guns that I cant fit my pinky on. Do you have any issues with that? I have medium sized hands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm also considering a steyr to supplement a G26 that has been carried for a few years now. I want the M9A1. But the option of running the shorter mags brings me back to the S9A1.

I have all sorts of mags for the 26. But a full size gun, a G17 magazine - does not make. I want the sight radius. I have mastered shooting with 2 fingers and that's not an issue for me at all.

Can M9A1's be cut down to take S9A1 mags? I'm just afraid I'll never carry the M9 if I can't get the grip a little shorter. Its not like these are easy to find in person either... so I figured I'd poll the audience of experienced Steyr fans.

I have full size pistols already that carrying discreetly is impossible. I don't want to add a safe queen / target pistol. I want something for those in between days I can roll with a little more firepower, without say strapping the FNP45 on. Which is basically like bringing a small rifle...

I'm attracted to the design of the Steyr. But am also considering going status quo and picking up a G17. I know Glocks fairly well now. And it would easily fit the same need / role.

Thoughts please.

How does the S9A1 compare in size to the G26? I don't really need ANOTHER G26. So if it's basically the same. Can the M9A1 be cut down? How does it compare to a G17 or G19?

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya Asmo* :)

Check out these pics from a Walther forum:

Hope this helps.

Wulf <-- doesn't miss 'is ol' Walther P99C at all <shrug>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yo Wulf... tell me more about the S40 mag with a 9mm follower for a 12 rd S9 mag.

Is this "iffy" on functioning? Or are the feed lips dimensions, shape etc so similar that you end up with a result you could rely on for carry?

12 rds in an S9 would be neat if it was reliable... but I hate to spring for S40 mags I couldn't use if the conversion wasn't reliable.

Any added info greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya *Gunner :)

Nothin' "iffy" bout 'em...been doin' 'em since the original S9's w/otta hiccup. <shrug>

PM me an' we'll go there for the conversion info.

Hava great weekend, Bro.

Wulf <-- headed for a couple o' big ol' White Russians an' some putt plannin' onna Friday night :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts