S9A1! Lighter, smaller, and just as sexy.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Thunderbear, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Like I needed another goddamn caliber. Still it's one of only 12 in the entire US, so what the hell.

Gaston, suck my balls:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So hawt.

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

nice set. 9mm is a good caliber for compacts. ammo is fairly inexpensive compared to other.

believe some 50-80 were brought into the US and sold through Davidsons

really like the big Steyr symbol on the side

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Yeah, I heard around 40 or so, but an even dozen makes for a good story. :lol:

Seems like it is oddly a lot lighter than the .40.. I didn't think it would be that much different.

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

ah story tellin yeah definitely good for that and if you want to unload one for a profit. wont complain about anybody that does that given the situation. hate to think what I would do if mine were as bad some people report.

some owners of the original S series proclaimed the S9 weighed more than the M9 :?

5. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

My S40 and M40 both feel like they weigh the same.

Fully loaded, my Kahr MK9 weighs exactly as much as my S40 :p

6. Wow, nice.

I'm jealous the SA1 is an awesome CCW.

Although Michigan weather is pretty cool to down right freezing most the time I still would like a Steyr more compact than my M40 or MA140 for summer carry.

7. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

SWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!! 8-O

How long is the overall s-a1 what are dimensions?

by the way you suck :wink:

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Very nice, Thunder* :p

My Davidson's S9-A1 is 'posed ta be here manana. 6 left in Davidson's sale inventory, as of 1 minute ago. $389.99 wholesale to your FFL. I'm already workin' up a few 90 gr JHP's that didn't work very well in my M357-A1. Oughtta make for one Hellofa of a 9MM SD round, tho. :twisted: We'll see. <shrug> Congrat's on the new piece, Thunder.

Wulf

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Hair over six and a half inches long, same width as yours, and - 1/2" or so off the height.

[​IMG]

Comparison in size:

[​IMG]

10. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

D*** YOU!!!!
    Only 5 left now. :oops:

So how do I explain to the old lady that I bought TWO A1s ( a S9a1 & a M357a1) in two days?
    If you hear about a guy getting shot with his new guns in AZ, you know who it was. :lol:

11. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Congrats! That's pretty!

I want a S9-A1, but only the S40-A1 is California approved. Go figure, California stinks for firearms!
    ________
    mugdava

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

LMFAO, Bullet*

Talk about a f*cKiN' Steyrclub M/S Series Addict. :lol: Alrightie, then.... Only thing that makes me feel a little uncomfortable about my purchase timing is that SAI has a couple S-A1 prototypes right now, which makes me feel a bit hesitant about gettin' just one more.... I really hadn't planned havin' an S9-A1. What I really want is an S357-A1, which I'm sad to think Stery isn't gonna do a production with so my concept all along has been to get onna the new S40-A1's and get an IGB S357 SIG barrel from Marc Wagner at MDW. Then there's the new extractor upgrade potential which will involve for a quick trip to SAI for, of course, if I have any prob's whatsoever, I know Big Daddy Riddle will take care of me. <shrug> And, at least, I've got this one for under $400. I wonder what the new list will be for the S40-A1? Eventually, I gotta get me onna them! 8-O Oh well, for now, far as the S9-A1's, as you say, "...only 5 left....", then 4...then 3...then 2...then 1...then, well, you get my drift. :roll: Oh well, welcome to the Club, Bullet*...again! 8)

Wulf <-- doin' a gots one o dem S9-A1's and you don't happy feet dance

13. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Yeah, Wulf, I really wanted an S40A1, but with Steyr uncertainty, and limited US inventory, I decided, what the hell.

If the SA1s in 40 make it across the pond, I'll put up my 9 for sale, maybe. Since it fits in all of my holsters, it's a good investment either way.