S9 FTF and Trigger Reset Problems

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by Guest, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a S9 which I am having problems with. I have only taken it out twice to shoot but the first time I experiances several failures for the trigger to reset per mag. The second time out I had the same problem but now I am geting FTF at least once per mag. On the FTF I am getting light primer strikes at the 12:00 edge of the primer which makes me believe the gun is not fully locked up. There is also dimples in the brass on the head in the 12:00 position extending up to the case rim. Any ideas if this will shoot out or do you think it needs to go back for service?

2. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

most likely you need a new trigger reset spring

I think that's probbaly what happens... the trigger pushes the slide into battery so I'm guessing thta's why you didn't notice anything wrong. I had that problem with reloads where the OAL was too long for the gun. What ammo are you using?

I think you refering to the primer swipe, it's normal with Steyrs.

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I had trigger reset problems. Fixed by following the tutorials BigTaco wrote up and others in the download section. You may not need to send it out.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I was shooting a mix of various factory loads and some handloads so the case length may be part of the problem. My G17 has no problem with them so I assumed that wasn't the issue. I didn't take note of which ammo was having the light strikes.

5. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

the ammo that didn't chamber in my M9 A1 worked fine in my 92FS...

Steyr 9mm seems to like longer thinner bullet profiles, 'short and fan' always gave me problems... What I would do is dissasamble the gun take the barrel and drop the ammo on the chamber. If it the case sits hight and doesnb't fall out freely whenyou flip the barrel upside down than the OAL of the load is too long.