Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I want to update my carry pistol from a glock 26 to a S9a1. I love my m9a1 does any one have any thoughts? Are ther any places in dfw that sell them ?

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
You might occasionally see one at gunshows, but it's pretty rare. If you are serious about getting one, embrace the digital age - hunt down a FFL near you that charges a nominal fee ($15 w/ CHL, $20 w/o CHL is common around here) for transfer, contact xthexheadx on our forum, and just order it that way. The whole process will be much less of a hassle than driving around to 20 shops only to discover the clerks can't even spell Steyr.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You might occasionally see one at gunshows, but it's pretty rare. If you are serious about getting one, embrace the digital age - hunt down a FFL near you that charges a nominal fee ($15 w/ CHL, $20 w/o CHL is common around here) for transfer, contact xthexheadx on our forum, and just order it that way. The whole process will be much less of a hassle than driving around to 20 shops only to discover the clerks can't even spell Steyr.
What he said.

He's great to deal with.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
with a S9a1 you will be able to use your M9a1 mags
buy s40a1 mags and close the feedlips a little it should hold 12 rnds of 9mm and fit flush.

·
Registered
632 Posts
with a S9a1 you will be able to use your M9a1 mags
buy s40a1 mags and close the feedlips a little it should hold 12 rnds of 9mm and fit flush.
As much as I know that works, I never try and condone magazine modification unless it's last resort.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya Tal* :)

Uhh, gotta go w/ your experience w/ who does the modifyin' and what is the long-term result? Do the converted mags feed properly, do they eject properly? Are the mod'd mags reliable having put 500 rounds downrange?

That kinda workout brings you confidence, or not. If not, buy OEM...that's what I do. <shrug>

Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf <-- digs confidence thru reliability :thumbsup:

As much as I know that works, I never try and condone magazine modification unless it's last resort.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, Steyr Pistols are no longer "rare", they have been shipping them back to the U.S. for almost a year now so you can get them directly from Steyr and they have a ton in stock...

PROS:
1. The S9-A1 has a better grip, perfect size to me vs Glock's small grips, plus Glock seems to put the finger rails too close to one another, but if your a little person with little hands then Im sure a Glock 26 works fine for you..
2. The S9-A1 shoots better with less recoil.
3. The S9-A1 is better looking lol.

CONS:
1. Good luck finding a holster or accessories, you have to look on here to find holster mods or one that may work for it that is sold at stores. Glock is popular so has absolutely everything you could want locally anywhere.
2. I believe the Steyr is heavier.
3. 10 rounds is it; no adding extensions, etc.. The G26 is also 10 rounds but you can add extensions or carry a 33 rounder as a back up if you want, Glock mags are all interchangeable that way.

In the end, there both great guns, it's just a preference on what you like better and there both the same reliability which what matters most.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts