Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  xthexheadx 
#1 ·
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm looking at the S9-A1 to replace my PF9. On the PF9 the slide stop is a stop only and can not be used to release the slide once a new mag is inserted. Does the slide stop on the S9-A1 operate as a release or does it work like the PF9?

#3 ·
On the PF9 the slide stop is a stop only and can not be used to release the slide once a new mag is inserted.
you sure about that? in the video i have the slide locked back, then insert a new mag, and depress the slide catch, and well..... it works...

[video]http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff188/justinbroutte/?action=view&current=2012-05-15_15-18-44_383.mp4[/video]

#6 ·
Two possibilities.
  1. You are stronger than I am (a very real possibility since I've been a desk jockey for too many years).
  2. You've put more rounds through your PF9 than I have so the springs are not as stiff as mine. I've only put 400-500 rounds through it. Since it is so finicky about ammo, I do not enjoy going to the range and having constant problems.
Or maybe it's both.

I stopped using Remington UMC 115gr FMJ and all my FTE and stove pipes went away, but now I have a 10% fail rate on PMC 115gr JHP due to light strikes. Don't yet know if this is an ammo or firearm issue. Some of the rounds did not even have dents in the primer. Previously I used PMC 115gr FMJ and had no problems.

I was actually able to get it to work as a release as you did in the video, but only with great effort. Not something I could use in a tactical or one handed reload situation. :wall:

#7 ·
the pf9 in the video is my wife's...and she doesnt shoot very often. i would estimate less than 300rounds having been down the pipe...
as far as stronger... maybe, but i do suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome so i dont have the best grip strength...

maybe it will break in and become easier to use with time ?
or, go for the S9-A1... its a fantastic gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.