Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a leather paddle holster from blueline for my S9-A1 but they only list a M9-A1 and I asked and told him
the only difference that would matter is the barrel is 1/2" shorter ( the mag well will not come into play) .

Is this correct ?

Is there any other paddle makers that have a S9-A1 mold ? I really prefer a leather over plastic.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,191 Posts
rckrzy1 said:
Looking to get a leather paddle holster from blueline for my S9-A1 but they only list a M9-A1 and I asked and told him
the only difference that would matter is the barrel is 1/2" shorter ( the mag well will not come into play) .

Is this correct ?
YES!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
babj615 said:
rckrzy1 said:
Looking to get a leather paddle holster from blueline for my S9-A1 but they only list a M9-A1 and I asked and told him
the only difference that would matter is the barrel is 1/2" shorter ( the mag well will not come into play) .

Is this correct ?
YES!
Well Blade tech says NO. SO who has a paddle for a S9-A1 ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Then the girl you talked to at Blade-Tech is wrong. The frames are identical, with the exception of slide length and grip length. The kydex holsters they make retain at the trigger guard - a M-A1 holster will work with a S-A1 pistol, but there will be some "dead space" at the bottom, which almost negates the "benefits" of carrying a smaller pistol (though a smaller grip should theoretically print less). Several of our members carry their S-A1's in M-A1 holsters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Syntax360 said:
Then the girl you talked to at Blade-Tech is wrong. The frames are identical, with the exception of slide length and grip length. The kydex holsters they make retain at the trigger guard - a M-A1 holster will work with a S-A1 pistol, but there will be some "dead space" at the bottom, which almost negates the "benefits" of carrying a smaller pistol (though a smaller grip should theoretically print less). Several of our members carry their S-A1's in M-A1 holsters.

Bobby McGee emailed it to me. Said it won't work.


Hello,

I am sorry the compact will not work properly, check back with us as we always update our weapon lists frequently. We appreciate your interest in Blade-Tech products for any other information please refer to our website http://www.blade-tech.com

Regards,


Bobby McGee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
They're just covering their @ss.

I have an M40A1 and and S9A1, they both fit perfectly in every single holster I have.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thunderbear said:
They're just covering their @ss.

I have an M40A1 and and S9A1, they both fit perfectly in every single holster I have.

I could not compare as my M40 is not an A-1 but I think I was the first to get the S9-A1 , atleast on this forum as I got one
of the very first batches brought into the USA , now if I can do the same with S40-A1 I'll be all set.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top