S9-A1 holster same as a M9-A1 ?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by rckrzy1, Feb 5, 2008.

1. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

Looking to get a leather paddle holster from blueline for my S9-A1 but they only list a M9-A1 and I asked and told him
    the only difference that would matter is the barrel is 1/2" shorter ( the mag well will not come into play) .

Is this correct ?

Is there any other paddle makers that have a S9-A1 mold ? I really prefer a leather over plastic.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

YES!

3. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

Well Blade tech says NO. SO who has a paddle for a S9-A1 ?

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Then the girl you talked to at Blade-Tech is wrong. The frames are identical, with the exception of slide length and grip length. The kydex holsters they make retain at the trigger guard - a M-A1 holster will work with a S-A1 pistol, but there will be some "dead space" at the bottom, which almost negates the "benefits" of carrying a smaller pistol (though a smaller grip should theoretically print less). Several of our members carry their S-A1's in M-A1 holsters.

5. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

Bobby McGee emailed it to me. Said it won't work.

Hello,

I am sorry the compact will not work properly, check back with us as we always update our weapon lists frequently. We appreciate your interest in Blade-Tech products for any other information please refer to our website http://www.blade-tech.com

Regards,

Bobby McGee

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

They're just covering their @ss.

I have an M40A1 and and S9A1, they both fit perfectly in every single holster I have.

[​IMG]

7. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

I could not compare as my M40 is not an A-1 but I think I was the first to get the S9-A1 , atleast on this forum as I got one
    of the very first batches brought into the USA , now if I can do the same with S40-A1 I'll be all set.