S40-A1 from Dallasguns.com pawnshop?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by opto_isolator, Jun 1, 2007.

1. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

there were a few s9-A1s imported.

i've heard there were some s40-A1s as well. but i haven't actually seen one.

3. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

Any idea if the others that are supposed to be imported will be of a newer generation, or the same??

I'd like to consider a S9-A1 for a cc.

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

that i'm not sure about.

i'm not sure if the s9-a1 has been in constant non-changing production since the one you are looking at was made. i have seen some pictures of s40-a1s that have a slightly extended slide. not sure if the newest s9-a1 will incorporate this.

steyr-mannlicher is presumed to be tooling up literally and figuratively for a US market explosion. only time will tell what they have in store for us.

in the mean time, that particular s9-a1 definitely does exist and others who have s9-a1s that are almost assuredly from the same production lot are quite pleased with them. at $475, the price is probably lower than you will pay for a new one when they are released.

it might be the deal of the century as the s9-a1 is just about the lowest produced and available model of the m+s series in the US.

with SAI currently providing some of the best customer service in the industry there's no real reason not to buy it if it seems to be the gun for you.

if you don't like it or if you see something vastly superior in the newest generation of s9-a1s, you probably won't lose much in the event you resell it.

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya opto* :)

Was a false alarm. That pawnshop goes thru Davidson's for their new firearms and they didn't keep up w/ the inventory. When ya go thru their search, you will be actually searching Davidson's inventory for their new firearms. Also, last night I emailed Planopawn and this mornin' I got their reply:

Washout. :roll: But, ya had my hopes up for a few hours there. <shrug> I am excited by my prospect of securin' a new S357-A1! 8) The S9- and S40-A1's will be the first to hit the American market place but "when" has yet to be announced and nothin' appears to be written in stone. :roll: Oh well...hang in their like the rest of us wanna-own more S-A1'ers. :) And, keep up the vigilance and one may come your way sooner than ya think. There are a few gun shops out their that may have 'em just sittin' their collectin' dust inna display case. <shrug> That's onna my fantasies, to walk into some out of the way gun store with a skimpily clad Angina Jolle lookin' sales gal tellin' me, "I got a few of these S40-A1's left in inventory. They just aren't sellin' 'round here so I'll give 'em all to ya for $250 each and you can play with my...blah, blah, blah", while I'm starin' into her.... :roll: Dayam! :shock: I did it again! :roll: Oh well. <shrug> And, FWIW all the new S-A1's will have the Maanox finish, whatever the heck that is. Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

6. opto_isolator

opto_isolator New Member

That sucks....

Oh well.

I contacted CDNN the other day regarding their supply of Steyrs that they purchased. They said that they still have M9-A1s and M40-A1s in stock fr $349. Not a bad deal, but I really want an S9.

Wish we had an update from Steyr. I wonder if its possible to import a firearm from another country as an individual??

7. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Sorry Opto, its an M40-A1. The seller has no idea what they talking about, describing it as a "Steyr PS9 40 caliber pistol." WTF. All the seller had to do is look at the slide; its clear in the picture. Sigh.

8. smores

smores Guest

Wait! This one has deltoid sights!!!!!!

9. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

LOL! "great deltoid quick acqusition sights" and "comes with 2/13 shot mags." Uh, no, that would be 2 12 rd mags and deltoids are back muscles.

Sheesh.

10. smores

smores Guest

It's great for those LEO's that need that extra 'help' to push out those last push-ups for the PT test!

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

...so its a custom gun...