S40, 1st round flyers

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by parrotman, Nov 20, 2006.

1. parrotman

parrotman Guest

Bought an S40 the other day. I'm thrilled with it and it may become my main carry piece. The 1st round, when it's cool, goes far left (6") of POA. The rest sre dead on POA. Anybody experience a similar problem?

2. hud

hud New Member

The only experience I have with flyers is that I would string my shots to the left consistently. A firearms instructor helped me with that by Loading my gun for me, and handed it to me with an empty chamber to shoot. He told me to concentrate on the sights and when I pulled the trigger, the sights jumped left. I was anticipating the recoil. Maybe this is the problem you have in that you are anticipating a bad recoil on the first shot, and calm down after that.

3. N24RE

N24RE Member

I am right there with you...I have the same problem. The first shot is down and to the left. After that I am dead on. I have to work on my trigger pull.

Steve

4. cuervo

cuervo New Member

Just for fun, try chambering your first round out of the magazine from a locked-open slide and then the next magazine from a closed slide by pulling it and releasing it.

The way the first round is loaded into the chamber can be affected by pressure on the slide from the other rounds in the magazine. Maye this first round is being pushed back into the case a little, causing it to fire differently.

5. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

get some snap caps have a friend load your magazine then go shoot