Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let anyone looking for quality training or dummy rounds for dryfire drills or teaching gun safety etc. I've used S.T. ACTION PRO INC. dummy rounds for all my classes to do dryfire ,misfire ,ftf and functioning drills . They're metallic cased(no primer) w/ a plastic non-firing round in neon orange or yellow . They carry all kinds of calibers and you can buy them by the piece or in bulk . I'm computer challenged and don't know how to add a link , sorry . lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
For my part, I've reloading a number of cases - without primers of course - but with the standard bullet. The case is colored with Dychem. The magazine is labeled PRACTICE and is kept in a different room from my loaded magazines for HD. The good thing about the rounds is that the weight is essentially the same as a loaded round so the gun feels the same. There's a big difference when you put in a full magazine of the dummies, to putting in a full magazine of snap caps. If the Action Pro rounds are weighted, then they should work the same, if not, I'll recommend that one stick with primerless rounds loaded with full weight bullets.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks X , good point ETH but for classroom drills especially newbies these are great. I had some weighted ones a few years ago I got from a shop I worked for but lost them. Ilike these because of the metallic casing and they function in any mag or gun I've used . Plus you can't ever get these and the live ammo mixed up because of the colored bullet .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts