Run on pmags

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by Doc, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Doc

Doc New Member

I only just really became aware of the insane run on magpul pmags (and magazines in general), but every single place I've looked online is sold out.

Curious, I turned to gunbroker to see what popped up. It's unbelievable. Five pmags for 445.00 (and the bidding wasn't over!!!).

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322918229

Wow.

2. jhb

jhb Member

Yeah just the start of the fear, chaos, and stockpiling the govt is causing by threatening banning these items. Ammo is getting scarce too. Not to mention ar15s.....prices are jumping as well and supply dwindling. Supply and demand forces taking effect, but this is all artificial.....until it isn't of course.

3. manatarms242

manatarms242 New Member

There is a Sucker born every minute - J.P. Barnum

100 a mag not a week ago they were going for 15
    Thinking about selling mine.. I will wait till its 1000 a mag..:rofl:

4. Talyn

Talyn New Member

So true.
    The thing is, its not just pro-gunners going and buying the stock up.

It's people who don't have a clue about guns as well wanting to get a gun before the government bans them, the people who were on the fence.

Some are stocking to make profit after ban as well.

5. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Local shops here in Tulsa selling Pmags for $40 a pop,glad I had already had some.ARs and Aks are cleaned out including hi-cap magazines.Never in my life have I saw anything like whats going on now in the gun market.Look for most of the dealers being out of stock for the next few months.

6. jhb

jhb Member

I am shocked myself. Brownells said they sold 3.5 years of magazines in 3 days......then I knew we were in for a rough ride.

Its not just ar15 mags either....pretty much any magazines pistol and rifle over 10 rounds are cleared out online. My local stores are barren on mags and "mean" looking long guns and now allot of pistols are about gone. Ammo is gone in my local stores unless you want .243 win or other not super popular hunting rounds. Oh and still some .40s&w and .357 sig, these rounds never run dry around here. Wierdest is .22lr gone. Just like in the 2008 ammo run. .22lr always dries up first and fast? Never have figured that out yet. Never seen this kind of frenzy. Glad I got plenty of mags for every gun I own. Being obsessive on having lots of mags finally paid off. Probably put my kid thrugh private school with armed security on selling off mags and ammo.;)

7. Doc

Doc New Member

My biggest disappointment is the lack of available funds I've had to avoid regretting the rush on everything. I would have bought plenty of mags and ammo had I been able to afford it.

8. Greengunner

Greengunner New Member

Where was all the enthusiasm before the November elections? A "regime change" would have defused much of the current fear / hysteria.