Roll Pin Version of MA1 In Canada?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by EasterEgg, Feb 26, 2012.

1. EasterEgg

EasterEgg New Member

New member here from Canada. I'm about to purchase my first pistol and I've narrowed it down to the M-A1 for various reasons.

Where can I find the newer roll pin versions of the M9-A1 and M40-A1 in Canada?

Anyone here in Canada actually have the roll pin version of the gun or am I shit out of luck?

2. pjd393

pjd393 New Member

What city do you live in?

3. Samson

Samson New Member

I was going to post a similar question, basically asking about all the specs I need to watch out for when purchasing in Canada, as I don't know if our stock is as up to date as our friends down south. My PAL is en route and I'm obsessed with the M9-A1.

I've seen the M9-A1 at the following Canadian retailers:

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/16108/Steyr-M-A1-Pistol-9mm-Black.aspx (shown with unfortunate Canadian reg long barrel)
    http://www.canadaammo.com/product.php?productid=518&cat=0&page=1

Assistance for the OP and myself (located in Calgary) appreciated. Cheers and thanks for having us.

4. EasterEgg

EasterEgg New Member

Edmonton, AB

5. Samson

Samson New Member

As I look again at the wolverine model, it appears to have Asian characters on it. Also the coded date stamp indicates 2008. So that seems like a bust. Wondering if we're truly SOL on Steyr in Canada.

6. EasterEgg

EasterEgg New Member

I think a few of us should speak with Steyr. I'm going to send them an email sometime this week and ask them why we are still being sold versions from 2008. I personally feel that Steyr is making a pretty big mistake. It is obvious that there are a few of us out here looking to purchase their product, but are being held back (at least I am) from doing so because of the market for Steyr pistols in Canada.

I feel that it's pretty bad for business to be selling pistols from 2008. If I wanted to go and buy a Glock or a M&P, it would be extremely easy for me to purchase one manufactured within the month.

7. Samson

Samson New Member

Talking to Steyr directly would be good. It's doubly challenging for us because the factory barrel length is prohib, meaning we need custom pieces there too. Taking that into account, maybe Canada just doesnt provide a worthwhile market. :(

8. EasterEgg

EasterEgg New Member

I'm not sure how much custom work it takes to add a barrel that is 3 mms longer, but it sounds underwhelming. I don't think it's a valid excuse to dump previous generation pistols in our market. If this is their idea of a good business model, they might want to consider that our market might be more competitive then they would think.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

What is the company supposed to do - recall all of the stock that is out there because they released a new, slightly improved design? The US recently got a shipment of pistols quite recently w/o the latest and greatest enhancements as well. If there are old-stock guns laying around needing to be converted to cash, one cannot hold it against the manufacturer for liquidating their old stock.

10. Samson

Samson New Member

I emailed both wolverine and canadaammo.com. They both sell Steyrs. Will post if I get anything back.

Did you hear anythIng back from Steyr themselves?

11. Samson

Samson New Member

From Wolverine:

Honestly, doesn't sound too hopeful. I wish SAI dealt with Canada. :(

12. mrgreen

mrgreen New Member

there is a company called prophet river firearms.com, that will import firearms from the states into canada. check it out on line. ill be using them if the L9-a1 ever becomes available in the US. this may be an option for you.