Steyr Club Forums banner

RMR on an S9A1

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Potss 
#1 ·
Hi folks, very interested in putting an RMR 2.0 on my S9-A1. Any idea if this has been done before, and if so which gunsmith would be recommended to use?

Thanks!

#4 ·
I guess I should have been more specific. I do not want to mount it using the rear sight notch. I'd like to mount it in the slide, so the slide would have to be milled, hence the gunsmith. I will replace the current irons with ones which can co-witness the dot, if it is possible to do on the S9.

#6 ·
Correct! Thanks for the video. Shame it sounds like a lot of custom work for what I'm looking for, and since the RMR is larger it might not even work. I'll have to contact him and see who he used for a gunsmith and what it ran him.

If anyone else has experience with milling the Steyr slide, please post up!

#8 ·
Just spoke to Adam at Rangerpoint, he said he has closely examined the slide for just this kind of work before, and believe there is just not enough material to mount an RMR there. The guy in the above video was right, the RMS is just small enough to mount, but without some serious custom work an RMR cannot be mounted IN the slide.

Thanks folks, looks like I'll have to get a dovetail mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.