RIP Steve Irwin

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MadCow, Sep 4, 2006.

1. MadCow

MadCow Guest

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

heard it on the radio.
    his death was pretty instantanious
    stingray stinger through the heart

3. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

CRIKEY!!

Rest In Peace Mr.Irwin :(

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Aww yeah... 8-O

I'll miss ya, Stevo. :cry: Terri, kids...be proud. <sigh> Australia, Queensland and the Goldcoast will definitely be feeling what's missing...what Stevo brought to the party. RIP, Steve.

Wulf

5. ScottW

ScottW Guest

Stingray in the chest, holy crap. Usually you get stung in the leg after stepping on one. He must have been snorkeling over one and cornered it. I haven't heard if he deliberately provoked it (like he does with snakes or crocs) but either way that's a crappy way to go. I snorkel & dive from time to time, and the chances of this happening are so miniscule, what a freak occurrence.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Really a freak thing, and sad indeed. :(

I figured it'd be a poisonous snake or huge croc that'd eventually catch up with Steve, not a stingray!

RIP buddy, you'll be missed!

7. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

How do you figure ? They have video of him removing the stinger from himself before dieing , that's far from instantaneous if you ask me.

8. Matches

Matches Guest

They say it was probably his removing it that killed him. Nasty barb/serations on the stinger do a lot more damage coming out. He was quite a character who lived life to it's fullest doing what he enjoyed. The world would be a much better place if half of the people enjoyed their jobs as much as he did.