Review New Steyr S9-A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by unit1069, Sep 9, 2011.

1. unit1069

unit1069 New Member

Hi all,

I thought it was time to post a review of my new Steyr S9-A1 that was originally posted on Glock Talk's Gun Club threads.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352008

I put it on that site thinking there's no sense preaching to the choir here, and in another day or two I'll be adding to it so you might want to take a peek now and again for updates. At this moment I'm thinking of posting a holster review here at Steyr Club this weekend instead of on Glock Talk. I think Steyr owners will be very interested.

This new sub-compact Steyr impresses me to no end for overall quality and "feel". In my search for the best CCW set-up available at reasonable cost and functionality I think this gun/holster combination is a tough act to follow. Steyr has sadly lagged other famous "names" as we all know, but there's a good chance that Steyr might be getting its act together and slowly gaining traction. Nothing succeeds like word-of-mouth advertising and quality product, and when both come together at the right time things can really take off.

When it comes to self-defense carry ammo, that's your call and subject to change for whatever reason you choose.

2. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

read you post on the glock board, I have the same rig from remora, it can't be beat for this gun. for others, alan at remora custom cut the holster for me, mention that the holster is for a steyr and mention the custom cut and you should get a great holster

3. unit1069

unit1069 New Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Alan corresponded with me about my new S9-A1 and fashioned a perfect CCW holster for my S9-A1.

I've started a new thread with pictures on the Holsters site here. I hope Steyr owners take ground floor advantage of the Remora before Alan gets too busy filling orders.

4. Derosa54

Derosa54 New Member

An outstanding review and thread of the S9 on the Glock site. Kudos. I will seriously consider the S9 for my next carry piece. Thank you for the review and pictures.

D54

5. unit1069

unit1069 New Member

It was my pleasure to write the review. I've been trying to find the right CCW pistol for quite a while and one of the things I finally learned is that if my life is on the line I need to have a substantial pistol available, not necessarily the smallest, lightest gun I can find. Reading everything I can find on various gun forums indicates to me that at a certain point a pistol can bring a lot of design headaches no matter who the maker is if it's too small. The new S9-A1 is definitely a well-built pistol sized about as small as possible consistent with reliability and I expect to continue to be impressed with it as time goes by.