Returned to the fold with an S40!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by yugo308guy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

Well, I just picked up a slightly used S40 locally and have returned back to Steyr. If you guys remember me, I started out with an M40 and loved it very much, super accurate and always reliable. I ended up selling it to DAIadvisor from Steyrclub a couple of years ago because I decided I wanted an S series to make it a little easier to conceal. I went with an S9 and ended up having major reliability problems with it. It would not return to battery and at one time the slide locked up completely with an unfired round in the chamber, I had to disassemble it and press down on the locking block just to get it to release. Anyways, I ended up selling that to a gunshow dealer and have gone awhile without a Steyr. I have been getting an itch again lately for another and just happened upon a used S40 on consignment at a local shop and decided to give it a shot! can't wait to get it out to the range.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Welcome back! Might I ask how much the S40 set you back?

3. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

One strange thing is, the gun is in near perfect condition except that the previous owner polished the outside of the barrel, I didn't think about it until after I left with it and the more I looked at it the more I remembered my old barrels being Black. I'm just wondering why he polished it now?

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Death and taxes.
    Hope the mini 40 works well.
    Obligatory range report. :)

5. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

Well, good news, I got back from the range today and put 150 flawless rounds thru it. I did get hit on the top of my head with a couple of spent rounds, no big deal to me. Overall, I'm very happy. I think my next purchase will be an MA1 in .40 from CDNN.