Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really really really digging this one!!!:thumbsup::D

Picked her up today. Ran home cleaned it up and took the S9 and my Sig P938 (which was just returned from Sig this week) to the range. I had 0 malfunctions. Weapon performed flawlessly. Listed is what I ran through it (288 rounds total). Again....no problems, nary a one. That's got me pretty excited.

50 rounds of Blazer 115gr
60 rounds of Fed. American Eagle 124 gr
18 rounds of TulAmmo 115gr (maybe I was dreaming, but this load seemed to have a pronounced recoil compared to others)
90 rounds of WWB 115gr
40 rounds of Federal Jacketed HPs, 115 gr
30 rounds of Sellier and Bellot, 115gr

I bought this on without handling one and I'm thrilled. Love the ergos, the sights are amazing, and I'm hitting great groups at 21 feet. Some are a little high, but bunched together very very nicely.

Now I just need to find an IWB and OWB or one that can be used for both and I'll be set. Currently rolling with an Uncle Mikes, OWB, #8. Anyone have any holster thoughts for my new companion? This and my XDs could very well make my others obsolete. :D

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Fantastic! I purchased a AJConcealco IWB, and a BladeTech OWB. Now there are a lot more options. Check the holsters threads on this forum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are sweet handling little pistols. Continue to shoot it as much as you can. I still would not consider it "broken in" til it had about 500 rounds through it. Steyr sells the Cleveland IWB holster that is supposed to be nice. Also if you like leather or nylon that is high-quality at a fair price look at Falco. I own a couple leather ones from them and the quality of the leather and stitching is top-notch. The only gripe with Falco people have is that for many of their designs they build it when you order it and it takes about 4-6 weeks sometimes to get them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your comments and holster recommendations. I will look at them. Time or backlog in ordering a holster will be a non issue currently. Since the white stuff is on the ground here in WV, I will be wearing hoodies and a coat when I go out. So the Uncles Mike's will be just fine for now. I did go back looking through some old threads but decided to ask since I haven't seen anything recent. Rest assured, the walleye will be running here in the Mountain State in another month. I plan on being there for the spawn and the Steyr will be coming with me. I doubt the junkies are out along the Rails and Trails system during the winter, but the pathway to one of my favorite fishing spots requires a 1/2 mile hike/mountain bike ride and there is no telling what you will find/see along the way in the summer months. :-/

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was fortunate enough to trade my M9-A1 to a dealer for a NIB S9-A1 and I'm extremely happy. I had three FTEs in the first 69 rounds but none since. (Approximately 400+ rounds at last count) My S9-A1 fires almost a dozen premium JHP self-defense ammos without any problems and I am reassured by the quality build of this compact pistol.

PS: I currently rely on a Remora 6-ART holster for carry purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts