Reply from Steyr-Mannlicher in Austria

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know if this is real news to the rest of you, but since I read a few prior posts about no info or poor response from Austria, I thought I'd just post their reply to my query, which was exceedingly timely, IMO (approx. 10 minutes).

I sent another email to the US representative for Steyr as a follow up. I'll post any information I get from that when I get it.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I wrote to Steyr Mannlicher in austria and recieved no answer about availability of spare parts...... :evil:

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Does this mean parts will be available again?
    And if you send an e mail to the USA office, will you get a reply?

I would imagine that the folks in Austria are just chomping at the bit to get up and running here in the USA.

I Really Really wanna use my M40 on duty and then later get the M40A1 for duty use.

It would be real cool to have an AUG as a Patrol carbine and my STG58 as a reach out and touch em .

Then I copuld be known as SteyrCop

4. alagator

alagator New Member

I have e-mailed that address twice about Steyr SBS rifles, and got prompt, courteous, and helpful advice from Tony Rosetti. On one occassion he advised about hunting ammo that shot well in the SBS, and another time we discussed switching to a tactical stock. I don't know if they have pistol parts, but they should answer your queries.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, I got a response from the US Steyr rep, below:

So, it looks like things are on the right track, but it will be a painfully long wait, for me at least. At least their reply was fast and courteous.

6. alagator

alagator New Member

Let's just hope they really get this up and going. I would feel much better if I had springs, extractors, etc on hand before they are needed.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I can tell you first hand that it sucks to not have them once you do need them. :(

8. alagator

alagator New Member

It can quickly go from a bargain pistol to a very expensive bludgeon :cry:

9. uncle_walty

uncle_walty New Member

Maybe the US Steyr factory in GA rumor is a good one. Sharing plant with HK for the Aug would be 100% if Tony would have said Columbus. How far is Columbus from Atlanta?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Columbus is about 100 miles south by south-west of Atlanta, depending on where in Atlanta they locate...all Interstate Hwy between the two.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Follow up from Steyr USA

I just received another email from the Steyr USA folks:

This one was an unsolicited follow-up from Steyr. Looks like they are trying to reach at least this customer! :) Arg... can't they just work out of someone's garage for a while? :)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Atlanta, Yea-haw! That where I live. Perhaps then I can then take my FTE prone M40 straight to them until it gets fixed for good. It’s much easier to send a gun back when you don’t have to pay shipping.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm 1.5 hours out of Atlanta. But regardless of where you live, this is great news.