Remy 870 blackhawk stock/forend

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by EarlyBronco, Mar 31, 2013.

1. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

Hey all, happy Easter and hope you're having a good one.
    I had some down-time between; church, eating, hanging out etc.
    Soooo I decided to swap on a Blackhawk stock/forend set on my Remy 870 clone (H&R or New England Firearms- Partner pump 12g)
    It makes SUCH a drastic difference to handling, comfort, versatility and cosmetics!
    Needs a spacer at the receiver (not included) but overall I like it so far, time to put some shot and slugs down range. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364750116.173342.jpg before
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364750138.547069.jpg after
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364750161.440344.jpg before
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364750182.831027.jpg after
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364750243.478305.jpg sorry about the messy work bench and bad pics (phone pics)

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Looks good! I bet it does improve the handling. are you going to extend the mag?

3. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

Thanks ETH,
    I haven't decided if I want to go with a 2 or 3 shot mag tube extension, My barrel is 18" so I'm leaning towards 2 shot.
    I'm also thinking of running a quad rail on it, but that's a lot of mass and its not svelte now lol.
    But I am installing a rail and red dot (I only put slugs/sabots thru it)

4. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I wanted to do one of the 870 bullpup conversions for mine, but they dont make them for 20 gauges.

I guess I'll have to buy a KSG.

5. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

I REALLY like the KSG's but they are hitting the roofs in price right because (supposedly) they're only producing "X" amount a year.
    You could buy a whole slew off 870's (or H&R's) for that kinda money, but I def see the appeal of the KSG.

6. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I wonder if I could build a custom wood stock and some sorta cheezy ass bar to operate the trigger. haha.

7. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

There's a guy on the Weapons Guild site doing the BP thing with an Ithaca. He's having to cut the rib off though. He flipped the receiver upside down to let him load from the top and get the barrel straight out from the shoulder. It looks cool as hell!

Warning, the WG site may be harmful to your pocketbook! I'm getting ready to splurge on a TIG welder, a mill and a lathe. I don't think Mama's going to be real happy like with me for a while...

8. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

Lol
    You could...although, could you imagine the recoil of 3-4 12ga's, sheesh my shoulder hurts just thinking about it.
    Maybe you could mount them on something