Reloading bench finally completed.

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by aubie515, Jan 4, 2007.

1. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I finally stopped being lazy and completed my reloading bench this evening. I want to add a back board to prevent the bullets from falling behind the bench. Don't mind the mess, for I am a packrat. HAHA The RCBS Rockchucker will remain on the portable table and my Hornady Lock N Load AP will be mounted this weekend to the bench.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

looks bit cluttered but organized better than nothing.
    I just looked at prices for bullets yesterday 8-O
    I fell out of my chair then rolled down a flight of stairs.
    :?

Lock n Load looks like everything a LoadMaster should be.
    need to get me a progressive soon. curious what did that run?

bullet prices have pretty much doubled and word is they are still going up.

nice stock on that rifle. 308?
    bought a dpms lower parts kit and for most parts it was nice. the magazine catch was total crap. lucky I had a spare everything else works but its not as nice as my RRA kit. trigger is nice sear is ok lots of crapy marks on it. pin holes in safety not deep enough nor is the pin hole on the front upper upper pin to keep the upper locked down. trigger guard pin was oversized. but saved $5 bucks.

hows the powder dispenser?

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Looks good. I like that 308 DPMS. How's that Dillion "huge" tumbler. I just ordered one the other day and just found out that RCBS is going to offer one of similar size this year... :? A lot less money......Is the tumbler quiet?I
    I just noticed you have the smaller tumbler. I ordered the Jumbo.. 8-O I like cleaning 800 rounds or more at a time...........Just finished cleaning up about 2000 pieces of 357sig brass in about six runs that I could have done in two with the jumbo Dillion......... :lol: My bench is in the guest room closet, but now its getting too crowded and I need another bench to fit everything I have.......I'll see it I can get a pic of my bench uploaded......

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting a little grouded........ :lol: I always keep the cleaning process out in the garage due to noise and lead potential...........

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Getting a little crowded........ :lol: I always keep the cleaning process out in the garage due to noise and lead potential...........I just got the RCBS turret press for 357sig, but I might change that over to the Dillion and do 10mm on the turret............. 8)

6. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

oh great now we got closet reloaders coming out of the woodwork :lol: LOL

good to see post in the ammo and reload section

what calibers do you load

so far I just load 9mm and 40sw but have downloaded about everything but find my self needing more lead data.
    planning on moving on to 45acp maybe 357sig,223rem,7.62x39 someday 308 for bolt action. shooting lead reloads is starting to look enticing with price of jacketed and plated pretty high. that or start working on getting C&R FFL or something else find a friend with a FFL.

tumbler looks pretty big I use a frankford arsenal one I got from midway have no problem running 1,000 pieces having excellent results with corn cob media with some rice.

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam, AP! :x

Coffee on the keyboard, again! :roll:

Good job, Guys. My station is smaller without near as much neatness. My gal came in once and straightened up, "once". I couldn't find half the tools I was using for my projects. Far as reloading stuff, its all mixed in there, somewhere. :roll: Y'all hava great weekend. :p

Wulf

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Just got my C&R license and Midway just JUMPED in prices for TMJ's... :cry: I mean large! I guess the cutoff was Jan 1, everything on my wish list went to the moon........ :!: :!:
    I've got the old Midway tumbler which is pretty small. It seems the "Frankfort" model is larger. I ordered the RCBS but from the look, I'll be returning that one to Midway and maybe the Dillion and getting the Jumbo RCBS......... I reload 9mm/10mm/45cal/45colt/223/308/shotshell..
    I'm not like Wulf with my experimenting. I find one I like and pretty much stick with it, though I do try some new stuff when I get components prices that I can' pass up.........my 308's with Remm700 are my best, Rockchucker.....great accuracy.........I have a friend who is retired Secret Service who was in charge of the firearms section who reloads 30+ calibers.......... 8-O WOW...........
    I hate the thought of using lead..........I have tried using the moly coated lead that is supposed to be safer, but my results have been mixed.......

love that closet joke.......... :lol:

9. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

I love my lock n load , well most of the time anyway. I highly recomend getting the case feeder. I can easily do 400 rds an hour of .40 or 9mm with it.

10. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

on cnczone forum I saw a closet cnc machinist. he built the closet then built the cnc machine inside of the closet. had to hide it from his landlord that wouldnt approve of his machining in his apartment.

my bench setup is in the dungeon/basement cool and dry.
    starting to think about casting my own lead bullets though will probably setup a shed away from the house for that. despise handling lead really prefer jacketed and plated would be preferable but damn those prices.

grafs.com has good price on berry's plated for anybody looking
    going with midsouthshooterssupply for jacketed they beat midway on shipping and can beat prices by about $20 atleast. midway prices are jacked way up. grafs is a few dollars more or come even on some items but they have shipping figured in those prices. midsouth still has shipping fee grafs just has handling. :x

well maybe if you would remember you have a mouth full of coffee you wouldnt have that problem when you go to type with your tongue. silly wolf typing is for paws more specificly human hands not tongues :roll:

11. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

The PACT dispencer and scale are nice when I use my RCBS single stage.

Stock is a Magpul PRS stock.

If you think my room looks cluttered...you should have seen it at the beginning of the week. haha

I placed my huge midway order on 12-31 before the 20% increase.

12. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

20% INCREASE.......... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

forget the C&R license............they just blew that away....

13. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Actually, some of the items I ordered were around 110% increase. I bought some plastic ammo holders for my 223 and I paid $7.59, on 01/02/07 I checked on prices and it was $16.59.